2019 Roy Piper is live!

Subject says it all! [cheers.gif]

Composed of 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, this vintage is a blend of 62% Moulds Family Vineyard from Oak Knoll, and 38% Houyi Vineyard off Pritchard Hill. Our wine was aged for 21 months in French Oak, 85% new.

The 2019 is full-bodied with a dense, purple-black color. After a few hours decanted, aromas of blueberry, black currant, graphite and licorice waft from the glass. The dense, mineral-rich mouthfeel leads to a tannic core that bodes for a long life ahead, as does the lengthy finish. This wine will clearly benefit from a couple of years in your cellar, as will most Cabernets from the 2019 vintage.

Your allocation is equal to your 2018 order from last year. We have added a “wish list” in case you desire additional bottles, although we expect very strong demand and a complete sellout. If any wines remains by the end of next week, we will attempt to fill your wish.

The price remains $175 per bottle for the 4th consecutive year, and is offered in 3-packs, as usual.

Purchased just now!

In!
Love Roy’s wine!

Anyone in Ohio area want to split an allocation?

Hoping you all leave some for me when I have access to it next week!

In for a 3 pack and a WL 3 pack!

These are great wines.

Ditto. I’ve heard restraint is a virtue…

It is! I took my 3 pack allocation and restrained wish-listing another 3 pack. Hope that helps someone.

1 Like

I just took 3 pack. Storage is becoming an issue.

Same ha

Hah! Hopefully my Jedi Mind Tricks are working on others too!

Glad to see this on WB. For some reason, I didn’t get the allocation notice but thanks to the board was able to jump in.

1 Like

Two 3 paks for me…I guess I should give this a try since I started purchasing in the '16 vintage and have been lucky to acquire some older vintages. A true class gentleman!

I don’t always provide a PSA, but when I do, I’m glad when it’s helpful [cheers.gif]

Anyone on the waiting list get an offer today? Waiting list was supposed to go out in groups starting today per Roy’s original email. I’m curious how far down the list I am…

I’m fairly new to these as well. I’ve have only had a few so far and am trying to let them age for a bit but… these are right in my wheelhouse. “Well crafted” I think is how I would describe them.

And Roy’s video blogs are great as well. I’ve sent them off to a few friends who are not big wine drinkers but who I know would enjoy seeing how he goes about his craft.

I did get a waiting list offer this afternoon targeted specifically at WB-ers. Obviously you’re a Beserker so if you didn’t get an offer shoot Roy a note.
If I understood the email correctly, today was a release to WB waitlisters, tomorrow will be the waitlist.

I’m in!

Nothing for me, hopefully soon!