Sandlands 2021 Fall Release - Save the date - Tuesday July 27th

Another CC killer

Email stated

“We plan to release the second set of vintage 2019 wines on Tuesday, July 27th to our customers who have previously purchased. On Wednesday, August 4th, we will send an offer to the remainder of our mailing list.

Wines to be released:

2019 Sandlands Amador Chenin Blanc
9 barrels produced
~
2019 Sandlands Napa Valley Chenin Blanc
2 barrels produced
~
2019 Sandlands Contra Costa County Red Table Wine
11 barrels produced
~
2019 Sandlands Lodi Zinfandel
10 barrels produced
~
2019 Sandlands Santa Lucia Highlands Syrah
5 barrels produced
~
2019 Sandlands Santa Clara County Grenache
4 barrels produced
~
2019 Sandlands San Benito Mataro
5 barrels produced
~
2019 Sandlands Lodi Carignane
5 barrels produced”

1 Like

After the 2018 Zin and Amador Chenin, I am eager for this one and glad he planned it a bit earlier than other releases that I buy! The amador chenin is far and away my favorite of his, and the Zin was really a beauty last year.

Looking forward to this. The 2018 Sandlands Santa Clara County Grenache was one of my top wines tasted this year.

Tom

1 Like

Very excited! The Napa chenin blanc should be special. The San Benito Mataro is one of my favorites. His prices are so reasonable, I can’t help but to push the limit. Luckily, never allotted enough to be very damaging.

I have never failed to enjoy a bottle of Sandlands carignane. That’s my top pick from this release.

The 2010 mataro was a pretty great pandemic bottle but haven’t tried the later ones.

Love Sandlands! Will prob go with Amador Chenin (by far my favorite chenin Teagan makes and its not close), zin, and grenache…and maybe a carignane. Really dig the carignane but have quite a few in the cellar to drink through.

1 Like

It is my favorite wine of his, every single year. Can’t wait for more!

Opened a 2016 Amador chenin last night - lemony, not much acid, super gulpable and hit the spot on a HOT summer night.

2 Likes

This is one of my favorites. The value is incredible.

As others have noted and in my opinion, the Amador Chenin is the best of Tegan’s Chenins. Some vintages are better than others but when he hits, it’s a grand slam.

I will take my full allocation minus the Napa Chenin.

Drank a 18 Contra Costa red table wine last night and a 19 Lodi red table wine last week. Perfect food wines. Looking forward to the release next week

2 Likes

The 2019’s that I have had so far are probably the best wines as a whole that I’ve had from them. Killer stuff. Where the Fountaingrove Nebbiolo at?

Do you happen to know whether the Sandlands Santa Clara Grenache is from the “Besson Vineyard”?

Hi Drew - That was my understanding but perhaps someone can confirm from previous release notes…

1 Like

2018 Grenache – Santa Clara County – Besson Vineyard – 3.5 barrels produced.
Planted in 1910 in the gravelly, clay loam deposits of Uvas Creek.
Raspberry, talcum powder and clover honey. Sappy, long, refreshing finish.
13.4% alc.

1 Like

Everyone is welcome to my Chenin.

Probably Red Table Wine, Grenache and Mataro if I even buy. Inventory crisis is out of control.

Drew, yes the Grenache is from the Besson Vineyard.

Pax Mahle showed what Syrah in the New World is capable of with his Majik vineyard Syrah. My take on the 2018 Sandlands SCC (Besson) Grenache is I now know what New World Grenache is capable of.

My comment on the Pax Majik Syrah is from a group of winemakers when tasted vs the worlds best and is not meant to denigrate any other New World syrah, just their opinion.

The Sandlands Grenache comment is mine. World class Grenache including all of CdP.

Tom

1 Like

The Lodi table wine is excellent, amazing QPR. I’m really interested in the Chenin, but have never had it.

Nebbiolo, you say?

Huff Why must these fine craftsmen insist on bottling miniscule quantities of wines that I shall never have the fortune of tasting?

I’m still holding onto hopes of sampling a glass of Green Hungarian, for all love!

Tom, not sure if you had the first Sandlands grenache (forgot the appellation), but if you did, has it gotten better? The first one to me tasted dillute and faded quickly. I haven’t really tried a California grenache that could compare positively to any European ones so far.

Not Sandlands, but the Bucklin Old Hill Ancient Vines Grenache is absolutely world class.

5 Likes