TN: 2015 Produttori Barbaresco Riserva Paje

I am really loving almost everything from 2015 Piedmont. Yes, these are clear baby kills, but they’re also way too much fun to drink right now

• 2015 Produttori del Barbaresco Barbaresco Riserva Pajè - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barbaresco (7/21/2021)
    Nose: This was decanted in the morning and drunk 12 hours later. The nose opened up beautifully with lush, red-fruited tones of cherries, wild berries, strawberries, crushed rocks, rose petals, sage, thyme, and some licorice notes. There is an immense amount of depth as this is a nose to just lose yourself in.

Taste: The feel is Full bodied with tart, high acidity and silky, high tannins. The tannins are a bit deceiving as there is a delicious ripeness to the fruit with red cherries, strawberries, wild berries, crushed rocks, rose petals, sage, and thyme.

Overall: This is is clearly young. But, there is a real vibrancy to it that is extremely enjoyable in this nascent stage. This has the feel of an 07-like vintage where it won’t necessarily be classic, but it will provide a lot of joy for a good while to come. I would absolutely love to see where this is at in about 8-10+ years time. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for this, as I have been looking at more 2015 Italy (Piedmont, Tuscany) lately, given the near-perfect record thus far. 2016 in Italy is getting all the love, but 2015 is really fantastic as well, perhaps its equal.

I’m a big big fan of both vintages. 16 is closer to my heart as I was visiting Tuscany and Piedmont during harvest, but these 15s just really kill. I’m finding the 15 Piedmonts to be close in style to 07, but with more tension than I remember the 07s had at this stage.

as someone with a 2015 wedding im hoping 2016 continues to get the love. 15 might drink a LITTLE earlier but we’re still talking about Nebbiolo here. I dont think its gonna have any issue making it to some big milestone anniversary years.