TN: 2012 Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir Curmudgeon Cuvée, prepare to be annoyed!

• 2012 Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir Curmudgeon Cuvée Armstrong Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Ribbon Ridge (7/24/2021)
    Fantastic place right now.
    Dried cranberry, tart cherry, baking spices, forest mushroom, hint of vanilla.
    It also shows a beautiful powdery lilac quality. Tannins are soft and integrated with nice acid balance and no noticeable alcohol.
    My most recent bottle was starting to fade but this one is in high gear.
    Anyone who disagrees can get off my lawn. (100 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

4 Likes

Thanks for the note. Just today I was rearranging a back corner of my cellar, bringing wines forward that may be ready to drink. I came across a Curmudgeon Cuvee that I forgot I had. Now I’m motivated to pop the cork.

1 Like

I appreciate this note, have one in the cellar. Miss you Bob Wood you old crusty sob. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I gave a few of these to retiring coworkers. I printed out Byron’s writeups of the wines. They loved it so much because their personalities matched Bob’s to a T

Thanks for the note. Definitely overdue to pull the cork on a curmudgeon and toast the lovable old goat.

My local wine shop was doing a tasting of Seven of Hearts wines yesterday. Apparently, the winery has recently closed and the owner relocated to Florida. There were a wide variety of Oregon and Washington wines being opened. I brought one of my last bottles of the 2012 Curmudgeon Pinot, which as bottled as a tribute to Bob Wood, which the store owners generously allowed to be added to their tasting. Bob had spent a lot of time here (and on the Parker BB) back in the day. Anyway, the wine is drinking great right now. Complex and getting close to peak if not yet there. Here’s to Bob, gone but certainly not forgotten.

Fwiw, my note can be found here: https://www.intowine.com/reviews/2012-seven-hearts-pinot-noir-curmudgeon-cuvée-armstrong-vineyard-usa-oregon-ribbon-ridge

6 Likes

Thanks Loren.

KP