TN: A White & A Dessert...(short/boring)

Tried these two ystrday:

1. Maison PhilippeViallet Dd’OP: SavoieBlanc (11.5%; Jacquere + Chasselas/Chard/Altesse; T.ElentenyImprts/NY) 2020: Light gold color; lovely fresh/alpine white flowers/floral/carnations rather chalky/mineral quite fragrant nose; quite tart/tangy/bit metallic strong floral/carnations/alpine white flowers some chalky/mineral totally dry bright/zesty flavor; very long very tart/tangy/metallic bright floral/carnations/alpine flowers rather mineral/chalky finish; not a profound wine but very crisp/bright/sinewy Alpine white w/ lots of mineral character at a great price; if you put your ear into your glass, you can hear JulieAndrews belting out “The Hills Are Alive” over on you mountain top. $18.00 (AV)

1. VillaOeiras Superior VinhoGeneroso Aged Dessert Wine Dd’OC: Carcavelos (34% Arinto/33% GalegoDourado/33% Ratinho; 15 yr; Bttld: Nov 2019; HausAlpenz/Edina/MN; www.Alpenz.com; 18.5%) Portugal NV: Light salmon some browning color; strong oxidized/old Port/coffee no fruit alcoholic nose; fairly sweet rather hot/alcoholic oldPort/oxidized/maderized no fruit rather aged some complex flavor w/ some bitterness; long quite oxidized/maderized quite sweet rather hot/burning/alcoholic finish; more like a tired ruby/oldPort than anything; not a particularly interesting dessert wine; overpriced at $29.50(KK)

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. SavoieBlanc: A really lovely example of an Alpine white, very refreshing. It reminds me of the time I was climbing mountains in SouthernColorado & laid down to rest in this big patch of alpine flowers and the fragrance was overwhelming, even on the ride back to camp. Alas, JulieAndrews was not along on that trip.

1. Carcavelos: This is the tiniest appellation in Portugal and the producer of legendary dessert wines since Roman times. Just to the West of Lisboa where the Tagus estuary flows out into the Atlantic. I found the wine too oxidative in character and not particularly interesting.
    Tom