Gabriel Glass Machine Made - when goes on sale?

As my remaining glasses seem to disappear (they must be breaking!), I am going to transition to the Gabriel Glass machine mades. I was slightly suprised at their pricing of $30/glass. I assume these must go on sale… does anyone have any pulse/information for whether they go on sale or end up on Beserker day? Thanks

I wish there was a hybrid version between the machine made and the gold! The Gabriel Goldilocks Glass.

Morrell used to sell two packs for about $45. I think they’re out now, though. I like these glasses and think they’re a good balance.

1 Like

I love these as my go to daily glasses. I get 6 for about £80 on ebay - have a look on ebay?

I bought 6/110 at Wayfair on Black Friday a couple of years ago. I’m hoping for a repeat this year as my wife has dropped a couple now.

The Grassl tasting glass is actually an excellent hybrid. Man made, but thick enough to be sturdy. I bought 12 for $144 back when they were first released.

Which model is that?

Grassl calls it the Versatile. It’s $30/stem from CJF Selections.

Yes, that looks like the one I have. Imho feels better than the machine Gabriel, but not as nice as the GGG.

Thanks. I think CJF makes Grassl. Does the stem have a weird (to me) knobby thing going on with it, like on the photo of: https://www.ansoniawines.com/product/grassl-glass-versatile-6-pack/ ?

I’m not entirely sure. I was under the impression CJF Selections was a Grassl distributor.

I don’t have the Versatile so I can’t speak to it, but as I understand it, it’s effectively a slightly smaller and more robust version of the Liberte in their Vigneron series, which I can verify does not have any knob or kink where the bowl meets the stem. Indeed none of the glasses in the Vigneron series have a knob or kink. It’s an artefact of the lighting. I believe the Versatile also does not have the knob and it’s similarly an artefact of lighting. You can check out Grassl’s Instagram for some more varied pictures where you’re able to see there’s no kink.

1 Like

No. It just is a weird picture.

CJF used to be a Gabriel Glas dealer and stopped when they began producing their own line of wine glasses.
CJF is the source of Grassl.
I switch between Gabriel Glas Standart and Grassl Versatile (tasting glass) for weeknight usage. The Grassl has a smaller bowl and is shorter, but with a wider base, and it’s lighter with a very thin rim. Using them encourages smaller pours.

1 Like

Decided to go for the Grassl Versatile. Chris, any sense for when they come back into stock?

1 Like

Hello!
that’s an odd image for sure on the Ansonia site, but it’s my imagery we paid for that Tom uses, so let me look into that. There is no ‘knob’ at the bowl/stem junction as the blowers pull the bowl and stem in one draw from the foundary. The base is the second piece we add.

Stock is pending. We have our order in with Alexander (We are the US master importer, Alexander owns the brand) and we are in the queue for a Jan pickup in Slovakia with an anticipated US delivery of mid-February. Logistics, as we all know regardless of what we do for a living, has been tough. Slovakia has also had issues with Covid and in an environment where 5 people are needed to make a glass (we have 7 teams of 5 working daily on Grassl production right now), when one man goes down sick, the team stops working.

I don’t think my competitors such as Zalto, Sophienwald (blown at times in our factory), Grabriel - have had much of a different experience than us. But we appear to be back on track and will be bringing in a few thousand stems every 6-8 weeks during 2022.

We will be doing a WB sale this January. Feel free to wait, but please know, due to global demand + production limitations, I will be limiting WB volume this year (4500 stems total, which is less than we sold last year).

As always, we are here to help if we can. Chris@cjfselections.com

My $.02 on glasses…price changes in 2022 are likely to happen. Demand is high in this category and supply is limited by the facilities that are capable producing mouth-blown glass.

1 Like