LIVE NOW! Introducing BerserkerDay NewbiePalooza!!! (NOVEMBER 17, 2021)

LIVE NOW! BerserkerDay NewbiePalooza 2021 - Nov 17, 2021 - WineBerserkers

FINAL DATE SET (November 17, 2021), OP UPDATED

With all the amazing work our BerserkerDay Council has done, with the myriad of interviews, surveys, and general data collection, we’ve come up with a way to make BerserkerDay even better…introducing ‘BerserkerDay NewbiePalooza’!!

Because BerserkerDay is so hectic, so crazy and jam-packed with activity from all sides, the Newbies can get overwhelmed and lost during the shuffle, particularly if they don’t really know how to manage forum interactions and the like. We typically feature around 15-25 Newbies each year, and try to highlight them with introductions prior to the big event, but there’s a better way!

We’ve set November 17th as BerserkerDay NewbiePalooza, a couple months prior to BerserkerDay, and ALL Newbies for the year will participate in that event instead, with the top 15 or so (depending on how much space we have) being invited to participate in BerserkerDay on Jan 27.

Because it’s a totally unique event, we are going blank slate on this, and can do it differently than BerserkerDay. With a smaller (30 participants is the goal number) group of participants, we can do features such as recorded Zoom interviews as introductions, rather than just paragraphs in posts. We’re also requiring these Newbies to send samples of their offer to TWO Berserkers, and we’re getting these tasters from the Council and Monopole Crü (will be a separate post with a Google Doc to ‘volunteer’ for this, and we will match up the tasters with the Newbies). These Berserkers become reviewers of sorts, but we’re not revealing their notes until BerserkerDay NewbiePalooza, to keep the ‘fun’ in the event, make people wait a bit. Those tasters/samplers can then contribute to the conversations during NewbiePalooza, making the threads more interactive with the larger community.

IDEALLY we’re looking at 5 Newbies from each of 6 categories:

1. Napa
  2. Sonoma (these likely will be combined)
  3. Oregon
  4. Other areas (Michigan, New York, etc)
  5. Santa Barbara/Central Coast
  6. Food/Gourmet products

More info to come, but one request of those participating wineries from past BerserkerDays (and yes, I’ll be reaching out to some of you privately about this) - RECRUIT! Our best Newbies have come from referrals from trusted Berserkers, particularly those in the industry who know a certain friend who makes a great wine (or food product) and wants to share the BerserkerDay love with them.

Happy to take questions as we continue to flesh this out, but we’re all very excited about this. Having ‘seasoned’ Newbies on BerserkerDay will be much more manageable, and the timing will allow for the community to try these wines and comment accordingly during BerserkerDay, should these Newbies make the cut [cheers.gif]

18 Likes

This is awesome. As a forum newbie who joined this year after Berserker Day, has heard such great things, and can’t wait for the next one, this will be a nice early preview/reprieve. Cheers to the team putting this together!

So cool!

A great idea indeed assume!

I assume there’ll be a OG-fest too? champagne.gif

1 Like

This is freaking awesome. Very excited for this! Thanks Todd and the team for organising this

Question and suggestion - perhaps you should limit participation to those newbies who joined Berserkerbusiness status?

Sounds great!

Curious as to how you see the top 15 being determined, by sales revenue? Volume? Number of unique orders/customers? Reaction from the WB community?

It’s ‘fluffy’ in how we determine it - combination of participation, sales numbers, excitement over the product, implementation and design of post, interactivity with community, etc. Like how a job interview is done - sometimes you have to choose based on the intangibles

2 Likes

That’s good to hear! All for a holistic approach to picking the top 15.

Was hesitant it’d be solely based on a few hard metrics like volume or revenue, as those may not capture everything from a particular offer and producer.

Yup, putting clear metrics makes it possible for people to argue that they ‘fit’ those metrics - we have to make judgments based on a number of intangibles to know who will be the best ‘fit’

My wallet weeps. [cheers.gif]

Nice to have another chance to spend money!

Happy to be a taster if that’s in the cards.

Dance-off?

As Monopole Crü, you’ll have the chance to sign up once I get the sign up form from the Council - I will only post it there

1 Like

Now that is an idea I like!

[dance2.gif] [dance2.gif] [dance2.gif]

1 Like

For referrals should we suggest them here for you to contact them or should we contact them directly to contact you? And if the latter, what should they do?

Contact me directly - I’ll be forwarding all of them to the Council so we can parse through the data and make selections. Updated the OP with some additional info that might be helpful as well

Great idea. It will also be nice to split the spending up over two different times of the year.

So you now want us divorced/broke or both? [swoon.gif]

1 Like