Cayuse Wish List

Hi,

I have an offering of Cayuse (Cailliux syrah, En Chamberlin syrah and the Walla Walla special mag). I’m wondering if anyone has has thoughts on the wish list. Do the requests typically get granted and will your allocation increase ? I was planning to wish for the Armada syrah.

Thanks,

Paul

Others may have a different opinion but I think higher production wines like Armada and Cailloux are granted pretty quickly. A few people that are customers have told
me it takes about 7 years of wish listing the Frog before it it is granted, and the last and hardest to get is Flying Pig. Once your wish is granted, it becomes your allocation for next year as well.

I have been on the list since 2015 and hope I get granted the En Chamberlin and/or the Frog this year.

My experience: I was initially granted a 3 pack of Cailloux. I wished for everything every time. After a few years, I got a 3 pack of GOK. I kept wishing and finally got the
Frog. Then someone here said you don’t have to buy everything you are offered, so I stopped taking GOK and the special mags. I still get the Frog. So, I’d wish for what
you want, not everything.

1 Like

I’ve been wishing for Frog and Pig four years now. Doubt I’ll get either this go around.

Once you make the allocation list, how long until you receive an offer for Impulsivo?

Got the Impulsivo the first year I wish listed it.

Been waiting 10 years for a second Frog 3-pack

If “typically” = “more often than not,” then, “No.”
Once a wishlist request is granted it becomes part of your annual allocation, so “Yes.” to “will your allocation increase?”

P.S.: Armada is superb.

I went to the release party 5 years ago. It was great fun. At that time, I learned that there were 3000 people on the waiting list. Hard to believe, but that’s what they said. Not certain they are still as popular now.

I wished for for three years before I got my second 3-pack. It takes a long time to get the Frog, probably 7 or 8 years, but who gets what does seem to be pretty random.

Anyone aware of how Cayuse fared in the 2019 and 2020 vintages? I am thinking of dropping some wines and wishing for others. I plan on keeping Armada and Cailloux. No allocations yet for Frog, GoK and en Chamberlin Syrah. Thanks!

The only 19 I’ve had was from fermentation tank, but I remember Christophe being excited about it. The main issue with 19 in Washington as a whole was an early freeze at the start of October, which they would have avoided with their picking times at Cayuse. It was also a more mild year which I think they really excel with. Don’t know anything about 2020 yet.

I have Wish Listed 5 wines, 3 of which have been granted, two I’m still waiting on (Frog and Pig). I’ve been with Cayuse since 2012.

My first allocation was 2009 Cailloux and it took me ~7 years to get Frog and Impulsivo (2016 and 2017 vintage, respectively). I had some years where wish list requests were granted and others were not, but Cailloux and GOK were the first wines offered to me in year 1 and 2. I’ve also dropped some wines over the years, so not sure how that may or may not impact the wish list. I think the only thing I’m really gunning for at this point, and will continue to wish list, is Pig.

This is our 3rd, I believe, full year on the list after 6-7 on the wait list. We now get allocated Cailloux and Armada and at least one special mag per futures offering. I always wish list everything we’re not already allocated but, to date, haven’t been given more than a single extra 3-pack or mag, and none of the really highly coveted stuff, which is honestly about what I expected. Did get a Pig and Frog in the library sales, so felt pretty lucky there. We’re also on the Horsepower list. Not sure if that has any influence.

Interesting info from above, because if you genuinely don’t have to order everything you’re allocated to keep getting granted at least the occasional wish request, I’ll stop ordering the special mag we’re allocated, because I’m just not really a fan of the format, particularly for such pricey bottles. Hard to store and even harder to think of an occasion to open them for.

Ryan - thanks for the info. I haven’t heard much regarding 2020 vintage (good or bad, other than from Betz, maybe yields were down?).

I plan to grab what I can of the 2019s. I may wishlist some but only ever been granted Cailloux and Armada and the special mag over past 4 releases. Not really expecting much more anytime soon.

This release is 2020 unless it’s Armada and God Only Knows.

Susan,
My initial allocation started with Cailloux. A few years later Armada got added. Couple years after that another one got added, at which time I dropped the Cailloux. A few years later, another wish got granted. And I’ve always passed on the mag., which has been offered to me for years (since Day 1? —- not sure). It feels like Wish requests are granted randomly.

1 Like

And the mag

Thanks guys. I see most are the 2020 vintage. I was just checking to see if anyone had insight into that vintage.

So am I correct to assume that even if you got what you wished for, you arent automatically charged for them all?

I saw this on their wishlist page: “Note: By placing a Wish List request, you authorize us to charge your credit card when and if your requested wines become available.”

I didnt want to wishlist a bunch of stuff then have to explain to the spouse later…