JR wine writing competition

Hello team,

If I was doing this right, I’d tell you all to go and vote for me on the jancisrobinson.com shortlist for her annual wine writing competition (this year’s theme was old vines):

Which, by all means, you can do. But quite frankly the process of mobilizing one’s audience on the internet to blindly, unthinkingly, go and vote for someone they don’t know is, I think, a bit tedious. Even if it is, basically, the democratic process writ small (all while, effectively, boosting JR.com’s website numbers - who is the real winner?).

So, if you’ve got a few minutes to spare, please go check out the stories on the link above and vote for the people you think wrote the best stories. Hopefully, in the end, we promote better wine writing (which is good for everyone, right?) and that’s got to be worth a little bit more than partisan voting based on who one follows. There’s every reason to be cynical about these sorts of things (like wine competitions, they “select” for a certain group) but, if you’re cynical about this kind of endeavor, there’s little else going to enthuse you - by all means, close this and get back into the premox thread.

That’s all. If you do read any of it, I hope you find something you like. Have a good weekend.

Olly