TNs: Jolie-Laide Melon de Bourgogne, Mee Godard Corcelette and Lukas van Loggerenberg Rose

• 2017 Jolie-Laide Melon de Bourgogne Rodnick Farm - USA, California, Central Coast, Monterey (3/9/2021)
    More well known as Antle Vineyard. Very lovely drink, exuberant fruits of green apple and pear without being too ripe or exotic. The wine has a full mouthfeel but yet retains great subtlety, not your dilute French supermarket Muscadet for sure. One of the few wines that I regret not backing up the truck for (and unlikely I’d have the chance to get more unfortunately), this was an absolute steal for the price.

• 2018 Domaine Mee Godard Morgon Corcelette - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Morgon (4/9/2021)
    Read mixed reviews about this producer but I liked this quite a bit. Heard that her wines were a bit stern and left people rather cold but this was open and giving even though the structure was still present. Perhaps the warm vintage helped, sweet dark purple fruit, straddled the line between fun and serious well. Very much open for business now.
  • 2019 Lukas van Loggerenberg Cinsault Break A Leg - South Africa, Coastal Region (4/9/2021)
    Under Stelvin. Very serious rose with deep structured strawberry fruit, lengthy finish. Aged in oak barrels, a little reductive on the nose to begin with but gave way to a lovely freshness and some peach blossoms, crunchy fruit on the palate. Preferred this on its own compared to with food though.