PSA: Harrington Cabernet at First Bottle

Seems like a great buy. Free shipping on 6.

1 Like

Bryan has some stuff on sale, this was from an email he sent me.

To order, go to the PURCHASE page of the Harrington website:

PURCHASE – Harrington Wines

Feel free to call me at 415.652.9655 with any questions.

Sorry, pickup of orders at the winery are no longer possible.

Warm wishes,

Bryan Harrington

Harrington Wines

bh@harringtonwine.com >

www.harringtonwine.com

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of them. A lot of odd ball stuff thats right in my wheelhouse. Order sent :slight_smile:

Nate, the Harrington Cab sounds like an interesting wine. Have you tried this vintage? If so, what Cabs can you compare it to?

LOL I think I tried it but can’t recall. My penance for not using CT religiously!
I can say that I bought a mixed case from him a couple years ago, and I have not regretted a single bottle. I know a Cabernet-based wine was in there, and the label looks very familiar, but I cannot say for sure if it was the same one.
In general, his wines are made without showy oak or out-of-balance fruit elements. “Buy with confidence” as they say. For $20 it’s very low-risk.

It’s exactly what Bryan searched around for a good vineyard source to make. Enjoyable on release, broadly complex, true to the variety. Definitely not “big” and no new oak. It’s what retailers and restaurants want: daily drinkers that deliver and generate repeat sales, enjoyable by-the-glass wines. It’s got structure more in line with an ageable Pinot, so I’m not worried about mine going over-the-hill anytime soon. This was one of our top sellers, where distributers were saying they could sell as much as we could make.

Ian Brand makes a Cab from the same vineyard under the Le P’tit Paysan label (iirc). Haven’t had it, but his wines are a similar style, and that line has a similar strategy. Some folks here may remember the Stefania Uvas Creek Vyd Cab from the Santa Clara Valley. Those were right in this vein, as were the subsequent Downhill Wines versions.

2 Likes