Jolie-Laide Fall Release

Anyone get in early to purchase. I waited 3hrs after the email and the Grenache, Halcon and Hawks Butte Syrahs are sold out. That was fast.

If anyone snagged a lot of the 3 sold out wines and would be willing to trade/sell a bottle it two I’m game.

Been curious about this winery. You dig the wines I take it Brian? Would love to hear your/others thoughts

I was just gonna post about this. Got the email this morning, went out for a 2 hour hike and come back to sold out Grenache and both Syrahs (Hawks Butte and Halcon). Was able to grab the Shake Ridge GSM which I love.

While I wish I could get some of the sold out wines I am thrilled for Scott that his wines sell out in minutes.

Tom

Any idea of number of cases produced of the sold out stuff? That’s quick . . .

Cheers

No idea Larry but Scott’s wines are some of my absolute favorites.

Have you tried them?

Tom

They don’t show up down here much and have tried a few but would love to get my hands on more of them . . .

Cheers

Me too lol

Light handed, fresh, lively whites, pinks and sometimes orange tinged wines. Great warm weather sippers that have verve and make you ponder. The Grenache is vibrant and full of strawberry. The Syrahs brooding and structured but still bright and fruity. Just love these.

Scott doesn’t mention production levels and didn’t say anything in the notes that would reflect availability limits. Just non-guaranteed allocations which is the norm.

I was going to place an order but changed my mind when I saw the shipping charges. $50+ for ground shipping for 6 bottles was a little outside of my comfort zone. Wines are great, though.

Thanks bud - they sound delicious!

1 Like

I was curious to hear about the differences between the halcon and some of the other overlaps with desire wines, experimental, etc. the smaller indie producers. Brian you can probably find the reds a bit at retail if you look now. I purchased some whites that I couldn’t find last year. Rafael i hear you about shipping. The downsides of living so far way and low production/availability.

my local retailer friend who i typically agree with on wines has been trying to get me to try these forever. so far i have not bitten, afraid to find another producer i will always want to purchase. sounds like i was right… but also that im missing out

I bought these at local retail this year. I’m worried with this quick sale if they’ll be available locally this spring.

You’re missing out.

Shameless plug: In 2019 Scott Schultz made our (Wilde Farm) Grenache Syrah Mourvèdre Viognier from Shake Ridge. If you didn’t get his JL version from his current release and want some, I think we have 10 cases left on the site. 30% Friends and Family discount and free case shipping. Same price as JL before the discount. I agree, Scott makes wonderful wine and hope/expect we will work together in the future.