Jancis Robinson Wine Writting Compeition 2021 (Old Vines) Winner - Evangelho

The winner of this years competition was announced and the submission on Evangelho took first prize! I wanted to share since many of us on this board purchase, drink. and discuss wines sourced from Evangelho often.

1 Like

Writting Compeition?

competition* [snort.gif] Thankfully i didn’t enter lol

The cynic in me remembers that Evangelho was the only zin vineyard to also make it recently into that Food & Wine list of top 10 California vineyards ahead of Pagani and other more obvious choices. I think Morgan’s got himself a really good PR company (maybe PG&E is helping because it boosts its currently horrendous image).

On the non-cynic side, good for him. It’s good wine. And it’s good to save that vineyard and all the others they’re helping save.

Thanks for sharing the news, Hank!! [cheers.gif]

The vineyard grid maps would’ve been a treat if the image resolution was better.

Here are Berserker threads about WWC21 submissions highlighting old CA vineyards:

“Contra Costa Wine Heritage”
“‘Evangelho - The Vineyard at the End of the World’ - Jancis Robinson WWC21”

September 14, '21

“California’s Great Old Zinfandel Vineyards”
“J Robinson’s WWC21 Topic: Old-Vine Vineyard Profiles”

September 15, '21

· “AJ Duckhorn Vineyard, California” by Ezra Wicks

· “Compagni-Portis Vineyard, California” by Mary K. Miller

· “Evangehlo Vineyard, California” by Chris Howard

· “Ray Road, California” by Miranda McCage

· “Scherrer Family Vineyard, California” by Jillian Riley

· “ZinStar Vineyard, California” by Gwendolyn Alley

“Carignan Renaissance, Part Deux”
“Nicolini Ranch (Lodi AVA)”

September 15, '21

· “Nicolini Ranch, California” by Jeff Burrows

I am working on a post about “Alan’s Alicante” by Christina Rasmussen. This WWC21 submission explores the successful transplantation of a 100-year-old Contra Costa County teinturier vineyard.