Which Burgundy Grand Crus Have You Tried?

Which Burgundy Grand Crus Have You Tried?

• Bâtard-Montrachet
  • Bienvenues-Bâtard-Montrachet
  • Bonnes-Mares
  • Chablis Grand Cru
  • Chambertin
  • Chambertin-Clos de Bèze
  • Chapelle-Chambertin
  • Charlemagne
  • Charmes-Chambertin
  • Chevalier-Montrachet
  • Clos de la Roche
  • Clos de Tart
  • Clos de Vougeot
  • Clos des Lambrays
  • Clos Saint Denis
  • Corton
  • Corton-Charlemagne
  • Criots-Bâtard-Montrachet
  • Échezeaux
  • Grands Échezeaux
  • Griotte-Chambertin
  • La Grande Rue
  • La Romanée
  • La Tâche
  • Latricières-Chambertin
  • Mazis-Chambertin
  • Mazoyères-Chambertin
  • Montrachet
  • Musigny
  • Richebourg
  • Romanée-Conti
  • Romanée-Saint-Vivant
  • Ruchottes-Chambertin

0 voters

Check the box for each one you’ve tasted. Why? Because.

1 Like

chablis grand cru?

That’s the appellation; it has seven climats but they’re not separate grand crus.

(That said, the reason for listing it as such is that I just pasted in the list…)

This poll isn’t even worthy of a Brett Favre option.

All but Romanee Conti.

1 Like

Same.

I believe I’ve yet to check off Criots + the naked Corton-less Charlemagne.

All but Clos de Tart and Criots BM.

Split a bottle of Criots next time you’re in my town or I am in yours?

1 Like

Sure, have I been missing out??

Like many others no La Romanée or La Grand Rue. Also no Lambrays or Clos de Tart.

For me, no Criots, Charlemagne, or La Grand Rue. Kind of surprising re Grand Rue, given that it’s not comparatively expensive or hard to find. Not enough love for Lamarche I suppose.

Gives us something to shoot for

2 Likes

The only time I had La Grand Rue was at a Paulee grand tasting (think it was of 2008s but not sure) when Lamarche was there.

1 Like

All for me.

1 Like

Pretty sure La Romanee is the one I’m missing, which I’m ok with. Criots is great, wish there was more of it.

1 Like

I believe there are about 700 total 1er and Villages appellations in Burgundy. Because I’m a huge nerd it would be pretty cool to have tried them all. But is it even possible—i.e are there any 1ers that aren’t bottled separately?

I have ticked the boxes on all. I don’t own examples of all. Within Chablis, I think I’ve encountered all of the climats too. What can I say? It’s the mother land of my wine interest. The Chandon des Briailles Charlemagne, Corton Blanc comparison is fun Burgundy nerding. The Mazoyeres and Charmes-Chambertin label regulations can also be trivia night fun. I have been lazily trying to accumulate a horizontal of all of the DRC Grands Crus, La Grand Rue, and La Romanee from my birthyear for a big milestone birthday tasting. I ran out of gas with the Rudi scandal, so lack DRC Montrachet, La Tache, Echezeaux, and Romanee St. Vivant (which I have had multiple times but didn’t keep). I also lack La Grand Rue. The idea of the tasting is probably better than the actual tasting would end up being. I’ll pop what I have and enjoy a nice cheese course I expect.

Cheers,
fred

1 Like

Seems like a noble quest. You go first. Reminds me of one of the old eBobers “every Montrachet” quest from way back in the eBob days.
fred

Same. And Romanee Conti.