2019 MM VHR

“At long last! The first of our three 2019 single-vineyard Cabernets is being released in one week ~ 2019 Memento Mori Vine Hill Ranch Vineyard and we hope you’ll SAVE THE DATE!

OCTOBER 5th, 2021 @ 10AM, PST “

Seems to have gotten amazing scores from regular people who’ve tried it. More approachable than 2018’s…universal amongst the 2019’s so far.

I received the announcement as well. First time for MM What do these normally sell for?

$225 each in a 3 pack format

I’m surprised they haven’t gone up in price honestly. Hopeful they stay the same as the last few years. All three SVs are top tier. VHR, Dr Crane, and Las Piedras.

Shhhhhh. Don’t ruin it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Bevan dr crane at $195 also. And myriad is less then that.

I had the 2018 VHR with Genevieve back in Feb and it was stunning. Can only imagine that the ‘19 is on par or even better.

Sam K is on top of his game…

Tasting with them here in a week or two. Hoping they pop one of these. On the fence for now. Has been too expensive lately :woozy_face:

Nick- I’ll put in a good word for ya :wink:

1 Like

Not a thread I’d normally open, but since I had no idea what the title meant, I thought I’d check.

TMDA.

:wink:

1 Like

How would you compare MM VHR vs VHR own label from Bruce Phillips?

Also tasted the 18 a couple weeks ago and agree it was fantastic. In my side by side tastings across Napa, I actually preferred the ‘18 vintage to ‘19s — and that actually held true for the MM “Flagship” as well. I do believe the 19s will score higher, though, in many cases. Anyway, I’m excited to buy the 19 VHR.

Too Many Damn Abbreviations?

1 Like

That would be very appreciated. I’ve never tasted with them but know Lauren from her days at Acme. I had a 16 LPV recently that was just outstanding. Made me realize I need to buy more MM for sure.

Someone just did a side-by-side of Bruce’s VHR vs. Memento More VHR vs. Tor VHR vs. Arrow & Branch VHR on Cellar Tracker. I enjoyed reading it.

I did that on purpose. Those who know, know. [snort.gif]

Thanks for posting this - it was a great read, and I agree 100% among those I’ve tasted. Bruce’s VHR is probably the wine I’d drink the most often — best food wine IMO and most nuanced. I expect the Kinsman wine will be similar. I really liked the descriptor for MM of fun with a serious side. That’s exactly how I see it … MM is exactly what I want to drink when I want a more modern styled Napa cab — still complex and interested and not smacking me over the head with fruit and oak where I don’t actually want more than a glass of it.

1 Like

I was hoping this thread was about a Mongeard-Mugneret cuvée I was not familiar with.

Yeah…here I thought I had made a wine I had forgotten about.

1 Like

Today’s the day…

If you bought from the last offer of the 2019 mm then you get a 3 pack allocation. Everyone else must wish for a 3 pack.