Artevino Napa Cab Storage

My Riverain allocation came in this week and as I was stacking the bottles I realized that my shelving doesn’t allow me to put much of anything across from them (and it looks like I might have similar issues with the Pangkarra from Becklyn). Considering how many bottles I have for this region there is only so long I’ll be able to stack them on the 2nd and 3rd level without needing the adjacent space. Does anyone know if there are any alternative shelves that can accommodate the larger bottles or if there are any options to be able to utilize the other half of the shelf?

I have two of AV with a good amount of larger Napa cab bottles in there. The best I’ve been able to do is put standard Bordeaux bottles behind a first row of the bigger Napa cabs and some very long bottles (Anthem and Blankiet come to mind) still don’t work in that situation. I really wanted to separate Cali from Europe in my organization but that was the only way to fully utilize the capacity. It’s frustrating!

1 Like

Thanks. I haven’t had any luck finding bottles that will sit opposite of the Napa Cabs I have but I’ll take another swing at it this afternoon. I was hoping that someone had luck ordering alternative shelves from another Eurocave model or something that might work better. If no other options present themselves I might router one of my spares and see if I can cut a notch into the front and/or back edge without degrading the stability too much. I’m really hoping to find an option that allows me to stack them because I expect that they will take up a pretty significant portion of my capacity over the next couple of years.

Any chance you’ve looked into the Main du Sommelier Rolling Shelves? It isn’t ideal, but if I can fit 10-11 per shelf and install them tightly together it might be more efficient than my current set-up. I saw on an earlier thread that someone had swapped out the standard shelves in their Artevino for these.

replaced my Artevino shelves with the main du sommelier, definitely a good solution for oversized bottles (configured mine to 10 for champagne), and much smoother rails when pulling shelves

this

1 Like

We buy a lot of half bottles for weeknight drinking so I put the big bottles at the back and stack halves at the front. Works really well but is a bit situation-specific.