TN: 2016 Jean-Claude Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru La Boudriotte

In a really good place. Has some aniseed along with pure white peach fruit. There’s sappy concentration but it is light on its feet, with great elegance. A fine line of minerally acidity lurks below the flesh and there’s fresh mintiness to the long finish.

4 Likes

Thanks for the TN. Love that Ramonet mintiness and sap.

Spurred a question in my head…what white Burgundy producers will you buy regardless of vintage as Ramonet falls in that category.

PYCM. if I’m honest, producer style trumps terroir or vintage but man I dig the style. Damn consistent and reliable as well.

Kris,

the producers I know and love, I buy from every year, so I’m not the right guy to ask. So many now are allocated so I simply accept my allocation as soon as it is offered.

Cheers
Jeremy

Jeremy…totally agree, and a terrible ITB, pseude-ITB question. Outside that window who fits that parameter…Niellon and Colin Deleger for me.

In the board’s opinion, where does the Ramonet “mint” come from?

In the board’s opinion, where does the Ramonet “mint” come from?

Don’t know about the Ramonet mint, but I once asked the wine team at Mouton Rothschild where the minty eucalyptus and cassis flavors of some vintages of their GCCs comes from, which seems to endure even into the tertiary phase sometimes. They answered with one word: “terroir.”

This comes up on occasion. The answer is always the fining agents like bentonite. But it’s not an entirely satisfactory answer since many producers use such fining agents. Which leads folks to believe it may be the particular brand(s) and/or mixture of fining agents Ramonet uses.

2 Likes