Name one wine (ONE) that you bought in 2021 that people should seriously consider purchasing

I love the 2019 Maximin Grunhauser Herrenberg Kabinett. Eventually, you will be sorry if you do not buy 2019 German wines in general and this one in specific.

5 Likes

Prum WS spat

Goutorbe-Bouillot Champagne

For me it has to be 2016 Brunellos (Lisini, Fuligni etc) and the Chianti Classic Riservas (Felsina, Fontodi). Beautiful balance vintage.

2019 pedre blanques

2018 Alameda de Santar, with the caveat that I was gifted a bottle (proper commercial release is due shortly). Juicy, fragrant, elegant, fresh, translucid, cool climate and reasonably complex old world red for 8,50€, crafted by Anselmo Mendes. A ‘bigger is better’ wine loving friend of mine had a sip of this and asked to order two cases less than two minutes later. I hope it makes it abroad.

1 Like

2017 Anselmo Mendes Alvarinho Parcela Única

Speak of the devil… [cheers.gif]

2 Anselmo Mendes in a row and we posted at the same time too :slight_smile:. Thanks again for the reco Tomás.

1 Like

2019 Max Ferd Richter Graacher Himmelreich kabinett trocken.

2017 DRC Romanee Saint Vivant

Hype is real.

Desire Lines - Winds of Change

4 Likes

Fields Family Wines Stampede Zinfandel

Or

Enfield Waterhorse Ridge Cabernet

1 Like

Not one, but anything from Enz Vineyard. My understanding is the Zin and Mourvèdre are no longer being made available to producers. Not sure where it’s going, but the Bedrock and Dirty & Rowdy (RIP) wines from Enz were fantastic.

Comando G

1 Like

2019 German Riesling is a theme here. There are many many good options. I’m resisting naming Falkenstein since it’s basically impossible to source. So instead I’ll go with:

2019 Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese feinherb Ur Alte Reben

If you are on a very tight budget the Richter Rieslings are crazy cheap and delicious.

2 Likes

2019 EWCY Chendawg

I don’t know that it’s available anymore, but in a crowded year of purchases it’s the standout for me.

Sold out, as unavailable as the OP’s hot buy.

1 Like

Bravo Rich!

That Selbach-Oster Ur is one of only two bottlings I bought a full case of this year.

And, regarding 2019 Richters, I also agree, having gotten a mixed case and a half.

So, since you’ve made my life easy by already mentioning those two, and since I have a list on my signature, I’m gonna go with a left field choice that’s not on the list:

2019 Bruma Plan B Tinto, from Valle de Guadalupe in Baja California, Mexico.

Why? Because it’s a very different everyday sort of wine that manages to make green notes taste awesome. Also, it’s from a region most people have never tried.

2017 Andre Bonhomme Macon Hommage à Gisele Bonhomme