Keller PETTENTHAL auction wine

On Tuesday I came across an article in one of the leading newspapers in Germany, FAZ. Main topic, the auction last week-end in Bad Kreuznach/Nahe and "Pettenthal“ GG by Keller.

It reminded me on 2 truly memorable Pettenthal-experiences, one was a Roter Hang-Tour incl. Pettenthal in 2012 combined with a Hubacker-vertical + Tasting of Rieslings by F.K. Schmitt back to 1895 organized by the estate Keller and a small Xmas-Dinner 2017 in Potsdam.

In 2012 at the end of the summer a group of wine-journalists and friends of the estate had the chance to visit PETTENTHAL and KP gave us insight about working in the vineyard in times of climate change leaf management. Here some impressions from the Pettenthal vineyard and Roter Hang. You have to know that the Keller Pettenthal was owned by F.K. Schmitt before. F.K. Schmitt Rieslings were such famous in the old days that it contributed a Riesling to the inauguration dinner of the Queen in 1953.

EC320BB8-22AC-497C-A424-111B406FAFAA.jpeg
Pettenthal vineyard

RoterHang Kopie.jpg
view from Roter Hang

IMG_0391.jpg
Roter Hang/red slope

Shortly before Xmas my friend Steffen organizes every year a small Xmas-Dinner in his library incl. wonderful food by his business-partner Stefan. Of course we all bring special bottles and the host also opens magnificent wines from his cellar. I brought a 2016 Keller „Pettenthal“ GG auction and it turned out the Riesling was in mind-blowing shape. We all were totally stunned about the Burgundy-like Riesling. We also switched from ZALTO Universal to ZALTO Burgundy and the Riesling performed even better in the Burgundy glass. And the girls wanted to drink Pettenthal only (!) for the rest of the night. haha

FF1371CF-AA2B-4042-9347-E9CBDB3E6AC7.jpeg

1 Like