TN: 2017 Trediberri Barolo Rocche dell'Annunziata

With all of the 2017 Nebb discussion, I thought it would be fun to post this from ~1 month ago. It’s just one snap-shot, but it’s also a really fun snapshot

• 2017 Trediberri Barolo Rocche dell’Annunziata - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo (10/23/2021)
    Nose: The nose is lovely, perfumed, primary, and a touch delicate with nuanced tones of red cherries, strawberries, fresh picked berries, crushed rocks, violets, rose petals, licorice, earth notes, and black truffles. The nose took the better part of 5 hours to really blossom, but it beautifully shows off what makes this vineyard special.

Taste: The feel is Medium/Full bodied with tart, high acidity and silky, high tannins. The acidity shows a little more sting than the tannins show youth at this time, but overall the structure isn’t too overpowering. The feel is clearly youthful and can fill out, but there is a real pretty side to it with red cherries, strawberries, fresh picked berries, crushed rocks, violets, rose petals, potpourri, licorice, and black truffles.

Overall: This is on the earlier drinking side, but it’ll provide a boatload of joy when it gets to its plateau. This is just so La Morra and shows off all of the perfumes that the commune brings and I love every bit of it. I hope to try this when it hits ~12-15 years of age and a little beyond. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Funny, but this is one of the few ‘17s I have tried and I agree with your assessment. Perhaps one could bicker with the price but no doubt it is a delicious wine with depth, personality and obvious Barolo-ness, and it will get better with time. If all ‘17 Barolos were this good I’d buy a lot. Perhaps not as good as ‘16 - and indeed Trediberri’s ‘16 Rocche was magnificent. But both vintages are worth cellaring.