TN: 2019 Sandar & Hem Pinot Noir Mindego Ridge Santa Cruz Mountains

This wine is exceptional. It’s up there with the 2019 Sante Arcangelli Split Rail Pinot Noir as my 2019 SCM Pinot Noir of the year. This wine is far ahead of any other wine I’ve had from this vineyard to date. Closer to Kutch in style than the vineyards namesake label.

Sean

• 2019 Sandar & Hem Pinot Noir Mindego Ridge Santa Cruz Mountains - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (11/24/2021)
    Tasted in a Grassl Cru stem, note upon PNP and after 2 days. Wine is medium-light bodied in the glass with a Darker red cherry color but still translucent. The nose starts with delicous notes of ripe cherry, crunchy strawberry, blood orange with layers of Santa Cruz Mountain Brush and redwood. It certainly smells like top-tier Santa Cruz Mountains Pinot Noir, and the palate does not disappoint either. It tastes like it smells, herbs, cherry, blood orange, redwood, and more. It carries a persistent balancing acid throughout with a medium finish dominated by silky tannins. I had to open the 2nd bottle as the first was so good. No noticeable new oak impressions. An elegant wine that’s open for business and should be suitable for 10+ years in the cellar. Diam 10 Closure. Best wine I’ve had from this vineyard.

Posted from CellarTracker

Opened a bottle of this tonight.

The crunchiness seems to have softened a bit. Still loads of cherry and strawberry on the nose. A very elegant texture. The finish sticks around nicely.

Wonderful wine.

3 Likes

We had this not long ago and its softened and integrated even more. Such a beautiful delicate wine. Glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you for the introduction!