2002 Clos de Tart: Sell Now Or Later?

Just asking.

They aren’t making any more of it…

Rudy is.

1 Like

What price are you looking for?
Asking for another Berserker.

Doubt if he’s making anything at all it’d be that.

If he learned his lesson, he’s making mass produced $100-200 bottles where the buyer/drinker is highly unlikely to know s/he’s been had. I honestly don’t believe I could tell a bottle of Caymus from a $10 bottle from Sicily or Ribera del Duero. I mean, I think I could if you put 2 bottles in front of me and told me I had one of each. But if I bought a bottle of Caymus because I knew some guests I’m having like it, and it turned out to be $10 Ribera del Duero in the bottle, I’m not sure I’d say “hey … something is off here.”

I imagine he’s either enjoying the money he had hisden away or avoiding the people in Asia he defrauded who will be much less nice to him then bill koch.

Bought locally upon release; cellared at 55 degrees.

My crystal ball says the precise moment to sell for the highest price is August 12, 2026.

This was obviously done as a spoof but I was quite surprised to see that at the couple of venues where it is available, it’s selling for about a thousand dollars. I had bought 2 bottles and drank one long ago at a restaurant named Stella!, where Iron Chef Morimotto was cooking. I remember enjoying it but doubt if this bottle would offer me a thousand dollars worth of pleasure. I’m still quite bourgeois at heart.

Edited to add: Except when it comes to Champagne!

1999 is as ridiculously priced. Very good. Not great. Had a b with Jerry a few months back. I’ve got a case left. Stupid pricing.

Just received an offer for magnums of 2014 and 2017 - the 2017 is twice the price of the 2014!

Auction hammer price around $600-$650

Here are the released price in Montreal, Quebec, Canada in Canadian $.

Clos de Tart 2018 $ 983 ( 21/10/07) - sold out now.
Clos de Tart 2017 $ 924
Clos de Tart 2016 $ 768
Clos de Tart 2015 $ 647
Clos de Tart 2012 $ 596
Clos de Tart 2011 $ 485
Clos de Tart 2010 $ 462
Clos de Tart 2009 $ 415
Clos de Tart 2006 $ 501