TN: 1993 Domaine Chandon de Briailles Corton-Bressandes, Grand Cru

Smells of pine needle sap, fresh earth and smoked meats. The palate has some flesh and whilst tannins have softened, acidity is still brisk. It really breathes up with air and is right in the zone.

Thnx Jeremy, a sentimental favourite. The 1991 Chandon de Brialles Corton Bressandes was my 1st ever GC burgundy purchase during a visit to the Domaine in 1993. Had no idea about burgundy back then but after that visit to the region got much more interested.

cheers Brodie

Thanks for these notes. The oldest vintage from which I have tried a Chandon de Briailles wine is 1999 (PV Illes des Vergelesses). Jeremy, I had that at a restaurant in Burgundy a couple of nights after we met in Burgundy in 2007. I also visited CdB for the first time that visit (based on a recommendation from John Gilman). The wines I tasted at the winery were pretty tight and the 1999 really helped me put into context what I had tasted.

I understand that at one point the wines from CdB were not as good as they are now. Not sure what the dividing lines are so both of your notes going back to the early 1990s are really helpful.

Howard…Chandon de Briailles wines are not moving fast in Quebec, Canada. FYI only…

Not surprising. These are old style wines that need time and are not pop and pour wines that most people want today.

One of my fave producers (and families
One of my fave vintages.
Win win
Thanks Jeremy

Just realized I have the 2010 CHANDON DE BRIAILLES CORTON CLOS DU ROI…I’ll try to pop it soon and report back