VHR Extended Barrel Age

Anyone have tasting experience with this special 2018 Vine Hill Ranch VHR Cabernet? I know Galloni loved it and I’m a fan of VHR. Release is next week.

Only 4 barrels, so probably 90-100 cases max. Curious what allocations will be. Guessing $300/bottle.

1 Like

VHR? You speak in tongues.

Very Highly Rated Vine Hill Ranch

TIL

I believe this is what Bruce told me. Intrigued enough to probably buy 3.

I’ll be shocked if people are seeing more than a 3-pack allocation. And my pocketbook will be happier as a result. :slight_smile:

Likewise excited but also a bit relieved that we won’t be able to do too much damage to the cc. I’ve been holding off most buying except for onesies and twosies at wine.com with their coupons for bubbles.

Yeah it will be hard not to buy 6 if I get 6 allocated. Time will tell. Always a fan of the VHR namesake so this should be extra good.

1 Like

Here I was thinking my Napa purchases were done for 2021. Dang it!

How much longer in barrel?

An extra year, according to the release details.

Did people get an email about this? I’ve been a buyer since the 2016 vintage so I was curious if I’d be getting an offer.

No email

I never received an email either but have corresponded with Bruce and there will be a release soon. I just hope I am included!

What is the benefit? More wood + more evaporation/concentration (including alcohol)?

Oh that’s good. Any idea on pricing?

Nope, but as stated above I could imagine it being higher than the regular version….Hope not!

I received my email Friday.

The allocation offer is live when you sign into your acct for those that had a date of 12/6. $300/bottle sold as a 3 pack ($900). I was allocated 1 pack with a possible WL.

There is 1 note on Cellar Tracker. It is a good and informative note (I don’t know how to post CT notes on this blog).