Here come the save the dates......

Kistler, Occidental and Myriad who are releasing a 2020 :astonished:

Buy with confidence. [beg.gif]

Aubert today too

Must be staggered since my Save the Date is for next Tuesday. Bought a case each of the 18 & 19 Chards, but guess that was not enough.

The release is next Tuesday, just got the email today. I am sure it is staggered though.

Oh look, another “Who would dare release a 2020 California Wine” thread. Shocking.

1 Like

Oh look, you’re circling the wagons again. Shocking.

Futo’s email arrived this morning detailing the OV/SL release later this month and the Oakville Estate in March (both 2019 vintages).

Someone has to be the voice of reason and I don’t GAF what anyone thinks so I’m willing to call it out.

2 Likes

without making this into a 2020 thread, if you trust the winemaker then I see no issue buying 2020. I will buy Dalla Valle and Favia(Note most of my usual buys are not releasing 2020s), but anyone with a history of releasing smoke taint wines(will not mention names) I won’t take a chance, my two cents. I don’t have enough experience with Myriad so will probably not bite and wait for 2021 which Mike says are his best wines yet…

1 Like

Agreed, even though I buy no mailing-list hostages.

Will be a pricey month for sure. We have only just begun.

Sojourn also on January 18.

Let’s also remember what else is happening later this month on the 27th…

Make sure to make a budget for BD, but also be comfortable going over budget

2 Likes

I don’t think this was a 2020 wine thread so much as it is an aw shit, its January 4th and here comes new releases. Not everything coming out is a 2020 release right now as well.

1 Like

You’re probably right. The wide eyed emoji in the OP was what threw me off.

1 Like

This, 100%.
“Keep your powder dry“ is my recurring mantra this month.
Based on a lot of experience.

I have a feeling January will be expensive…

February isn’t far behind. Bedrock spring release is usually early Feb.

New release season === $$$$$$$ [cheers.gif]