I was wrong! De Negoce 250 after another 3 months in the bottle is really opening up…

In October I raved about DN 200 but reserved criticism for 250 which is a wine that, I believe, also sold out in a couple of hours for $30-35 a bottle (DN price). When I received my seven cases (yes, 7 cases) of wine in mid October I opened a bottle of each (excepting the $50 Pritchard Hill). With a bottle open and decanted 4+ hours I felt that I was able to judge or at least have an opinion on the wines.

I was extremely critical of DN 250.

Now, January 17th, I am halfway through a three hour open bottle of this Rutherford cab. It is very good, we’ll worth the DN price.

In another year, perhaps two or three it may very well be the extraordinary bargain that we have all hoped for.

Now I am wondering what the 200 tastes like after another three months in the bottle.

And then there is De Negoce’s most expensive wine ever: Pritchard Hill which sold for $50. I may now have the courage to open a bottle this weekend.

1 Like

Interesting. Not a single comment. Tonight I’ve opened 189.

1 Like

There’s a thread for DN tasting notes. You might get more responses there.

1 Like

https://wineimport.discoursehosting.net/t/mmmmm-enchiladas/1922/1

Thanks Joe! My only comment is that I thought the #200 needed a LOT more time in bottle. Like…years. if you liked the #200 right our of the gates but didn’t think the #250 was ready (initially), im guessing #250 will still be very primary for my tastes.

Thanks again for the notes - super helpful for sure!

No one has mentioned travel shock as a possible explanation…

[stirthepothal.gif] [popcorn.gif]

Ha! Well played [cheers.gif]

The good news is that Cam mentioned something about sterile filtering somehow making his wines impervious to heat damage, so we can cross that off the list :wink: