Geneva/Lausanne Retailer Needed

I’d like to send a bottle of nice mid-range NV Champagne to someone who’s on the lake about halfway between Geneva and Lausanne. Does anyone have any recommendations for good local or semi-local retailers who would deliver or ship?

Thanks!

I didn’t buy any wine in Lausanne, although I am sure there are really good retailers there. I will say one of my favorite retailers is in LUCERNE (totally different part of the country), Carl Studer.

I checked out this place in Morges once when my in-laws shopped there (they live just outside Lausanne)

They had a decent selection. No idea about shipping or delivery. Another place to check out is Globus, which is kind of a higher end grocery store with good wine selection in downtown Lausanne. As Eric said, there are also several wine shops in Lausanne but I can’t speak to those.

1 Like

Yes Movenpick is a big chain, very competent, all over the country. Globus is a nice supermarket as well with a nice wine selection. If you were just wanting a proper Champagne, surely either would have it. Question is just whether they have online commerce or delivery.

Dave, can you narrow down to a more specific town. Nyon? Morges? I lived in the Geneva area for 18 yrs and my wife grew up in Lausanne. Will be easier to arrange delivery with someone very local.

I disagree with some others here. You can pick any Swiss retailer (just check WineSearcher). Everything is local in Switzerland and shipping is easy with the regular Swiss postal service (overnight, countrywide, low costs). Some of them (like Lucullus/Bv Vins) mostly sell 6 packs/OWCs only but there are many others that don’t require that. Granchateaux should have a pretty decent Champagne selection (and is even local but again, that doesn’t matter in Switzerland).

1 Like

Gland

Yes, I see this as well as I poke around. It would be nice to use a local shop if possible, but w-s shows shops wherever in the country that ship, so I have that option as a backup.

Granchateaux is in the Lausanne region.

1 Like

Granchateaux is in Lutry near Lausanne and as Andy wrote has an excellent Champagne selection. Other Option would be La Cave SA (cavesa.ch) between Lausanne and Geneva. They have some decent Champagne, too. Shipping singular bottles should be not problem with both.

2 Likes