TN: 1997 La Chablisienne Chablis 1er Cru Côte de Léchet

• 1997 La Chablisienne Chablis 1er Cru Côte de Léchet - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru (1/18/2022)
    Hit a home run with this tattered looking bottle! Gorgeous shimmering gold green color…to die for nose of crushed oyster shell, sea air, green apple, exotic honey butter, crushed flowers, mint. YES YES YES…FU premox…this little coop kicked its ass wit this one! Tons of crushed chalky minerality in this…salty rocks, sea air funk…to go with the waxy pitted orchard fruits…still sweet and ripe, and cut so nicely with the jazzed lemon citrus…wonderful integration with some aged honey and truffle…nuanced smoked vanilla oak spice…creamy with some almond butter…waxy spearmint giving Ramonet the nod…such a stunner aged Chablis…couldn’t ask for more from this little 1er! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

4 Likes

Sounds great! We’ve got a few of these from 2017 but they will never see the 24 year mark.

cool, Buzz. Never seen the old label. You and I love these wines. Great coop. Would love to know more re the winemaker. William?

Vincent Battement has been the winemaker since 2011. He’s been winemaker of the year three times…and that’s all I know. [wow.gif]

Yes @WilliamKelley…would love to hear your thoughts on their wines and maker.

2014 is rockin hard tonight! Wish I had more cuz I know they age after having that 97!

Had a 2014 La Chablisienne Chablis Le Mont de Mileu last night. It was quite good.

Agreed…their 14’s are on fire right now!

2014 La Chablisienne Chablis 1er Cru Mont de Milieu - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru (2/11/2023)
Come on man…Raveneau $500…this wine $30! Drink this ALL DAY LONG! Luv me some Rav, but save it for the big splurge! Classic salty sea air, chalky crushed limestone, bright and zesty lemon/lime/green apple fruits…creamy 1er weight with an intriguing dried honey and mint dry extract…VERY Chablis in character with a depth you just don’t get at this price point…no Rav wax…so you save yourself $470! Another La Chablisienne that SCREAMS MF’n CHABLIS! (94 points)

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

good to hear. Great stuff.

2014 is an amazing vintage for Chablis, and every time I’ve had any Chablisienne it has punched way above its price point. Sounds like a home run!

Such nice wines!

Hopefully a lot of ppl are enjoying these because I sent out a ton in the packs.

Have 1 bottle each 2014 Valmur and Clos. Based on your note of the 1995 probably no hurry to open.