TN: 2010 Domaine Buisson-Charles Chassagne-Montrachet "Clos-St-Jean" 1er

I have only had Meursaults from Buisson-Charles in the past and some of these are real old school nutty and concentrated Meursault.

This Chassagne is looking the bomb at 12 years of age. Little white mushrooms, white stone fruits and creme brulee. It’s powerful, spherical with lovely proportion. The finish drives on and on and it’s in a really good place today.

Nice work.

nice!

Jeremy,

I visited Patrick Essa at Buisson-Charles in 2007 during the same visit when we met and had lunch. I don’t remember seeing or tasting any Chassagne-Montrachets when I was there (had Meursaults and Pommards when I was there and also saw a Volnay on their list, which I have in my cellar (along with Meursaults)). Has they always had this vineyard or was it a new one for them? Do you know if they own the vineyard or buy grapes?

Love their wines and your note sounds wonderful. Thanks.

Thanks Alan :slight_smile: When I checked cellar tracker I noted that this was the only vintage that they produced this wine, so suspect from purchased or en fermage grapes. Irrespective of teh source this is a cracker and from red dominant country!

1 Like

Yes, it would have been a négoce bottling. Patrick does quite a bit of that, including some Chambertin in 2020 I think. I’m going to see him on Monday.

Thanks William for the clarification. Bought quite a bit of these from '07 to '11 and they are distinctive, powerful Meursaults, but with the odd exception have aged very well.

I have a 2017 Chass Mont En Remilly I’ve been itchin to try. Anyone try one of late?

No, but I can make it over this weekend if that’s good for you.