TN: Ryme Vermentino "Hers"/"His" '13.....(short/boring)

Dipping into my Ryme collection, tried these two last night:

1. Ryme Vermentino “Hers” LasBrisasVnyd/Carneros/SonomaCnty (12.8%) 2013: Light gold color; very strong floral/Verm/carnations very perfumed some musky/herbal/new mown alfalfa some complex beautiful aromatic nose; fairly tart/tangy very strong floral/carnations/Verm some evolved/pungent/new mown alfalfa/Kansas hayloft/herbal rather rich/lush loads of Verm fruit flavor; still loads of Verm fruit but starting to show some secondary evolution; should go another 5 yrs at least; a beautiful expression of Calif Verm as good as it gets; reminds a bit of an aged Friuli Friulano but w/ more aromatics.

1. Ryme Vermentino “His” LasBrisasVnyd/Carneros/SonomaCnty (12.1%) 2013: Deep golden/burnished bronze color; quite honeyed/orangey/bit graham cracker/honey graham light VM/phenolic bit earthy quite complex lovely nose; bit tart/tangy some resiny/VM/phenolic some floral/Verm/carnations rather honeyed/honey grahams/graham cracker quite complex beautiful flavor; very long/lingering rather honeyed/honey grahams light floral/Verm/carnations light VM/resiny/phenolic very complex finish that goes on&on; the VM character continues to subside & a beautiful honeyed/mature VM character comes to the forefront; a beautiful expression of a mature VM white; lost most of the severe/austere character when it was young; probably will go another 4-8 yrs I would guess.

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. Same grapes/same source. “Hers” is made by Megan by conventional direct-to-press & SS fermentation. “His” is made by Ryan and recieves some skin-contact. When the are released (the “His” is usually about 6 mo. after the “Hers”), I almost always prefer Megan’s for its powerful aromatics. The “His” can be a bit hard/austere in its youth. But it seems to always mature in to lovely mature VM. I’d love to see what Ryan could do w/ GrayRiesling or FrenchColombard made as a skin-contact “His”.
    Tom

Appreciate your notes as always, Tom…I always end up buying “hers” at a 2:1 ration to “his” but I do think both are bargains. I usually end up drinking mine well before the eight year mark but nice to know I don’t have to hurry.