TN: 2018 Matthiasson Cabernet Sauvignon Village Napa Valley (USA, California, Napa Valley)

• 2018 Matthiasson Cabernet Sauvignon Village Napa Valley - USA, California, Napa Valley (1/19/2022)
    Open for a full day. Tried a sip on first day, but wasn’t that moved. On day two it all fell into place. Integrated oak and tannins, lighter than most, but still enough to go the distance. Enjoying it. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

So that’s their inexpensive version?

Thanks for the TN and I’m interested in their 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Phoenix Vineyard.

I believe it is, had a bottle a month ago at a restaurant. We enjoyed it

1 Like

Have a few in the basement - enjoy it as a sort of “house” cab. Light, ripe and clear expression.

1 Like

These retail for about $30 internet local market. Great QPR.

According to the owner of my LWS, this is a product of the pandemic. It’s unclear whether this will be a one off, or whether Matthiasson will continue to make some version of it going forward. Hopefully it will continue. These are the notes from the store’s website:

“Steve is one of the best farmers on the planet and he also makes some incredible wines. He has his hand in the grape growing and winemaking process for lots of big names. This is his personal, great value project from vineyards he works in Napa.”