TN: 2018 Louis M. Martini Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma County

• 2018 Louis M. Martini Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma County - USA, California, Sonoma County (1/20/2022)
    Hmm. Balance is nice, but it just suffers from a raisiny feel that reminds me of an Amarone or ripasso, which takes away freshness and potential. I didn’t expect that at 13.9% wine, but maybe it got cooked in the Florida heat (where I bought it). (87 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

This had the Substance Cabernet used to be everyday wines for me but lately not impressed with either.

2018 Louis M. Martini Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma County - USA, California, Sonoma County (6/26/2021)
Brother in Town Lot’s of Wines!!!; 6/26/2021-7/4/2021: Day 1: Well below the community average price of $19. Picked up for $12.99. A bit disjointed and a bit manufactored for my tastes. Sweet cherries, mild spices, dried herbs and a bit of heat on the finish. Will revisit. 86 points
Day 2: Still tastes manufactored to me. Sweet fruits, spice and dried herbs. Still some heat on the finish. Not seeing any improvement. 85 points
Day 3: Not much improvement and not my cup of tea.
Recommedation: Serving this to my brother blind he thought it was a GSM blend from Australia which makes sense with the sweeter fruit profile. (86 points)

This has been a go to pour for me for years in bars ( e.g., at hotels) with crappy wine lists but that carry this. Having said that, I bought a bottle, opened it, tasted it, and gave the rest to the neighbors across the street. Next day, they said it was ok. FWIW.

Not surprised, but then again my expectations are pretty low for anything from the Gallo portfolio.

I think it was the 2014 that out punched its corporate upbringing. Beyond that it’s a nondescript, overripe glass of purpleness. It wasn’t cooked in the Florida heat. It was cooked on the vine.

But I seem to remember hearing that the more higher end Martini bottling’s are great QPR - great bang for buck.

Wonder if that is true anymore also. Have not had one in a while.