TN: 2007 Ridge Geyserville (USA, California, Sonoma County)

• 2007 Ridge Geyserville - USA, California, Sonoma County (1/24/2022)
    14.4% abv. dark ruby clear to the edges, very aromatic. Ripe plum, bramble, blueberry, wet stone and mint. Excellent depth and length, great complexity and energy. Geyserville at its peak. Frankly, this wine took a long time to finally come around, but is there now. Drink or hold - a strong, sound, very tasty and complete wine. (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

Interesting timing. I opened a bottle of this a few days ago and also found it to be excellent. I agree with your notes but for me what really stood out was really pure, ripe red cherry fruit and tannins that were still evident but really well integrated. The lack of oak influence was surprising too. It definitely faded on day 2. I have one more and will probably open that in the next few months.

Chris, I absolutely get the bright cherry fruit and the beautifully integrated tannins.

I’ve tasted the '07 several times over the years. The surprising thing to me about this wine is that for the first decade or more it was fairly undistinguished (for Geezer). It waited close to a decade and a half to show its mettle!

Love this vintage of Geezer. It went through an extending boring phase as you note, but my stash has been singing for a few years now. Thanks for the check up.

During the recession I snagged cases of this at the 07 Lytton at $20 per, then got 10% case discounts, from a local retailer. Was a killer deal. Love these two wines in 07.

Funny! I got the 07 Lytton Springs for the same price around 2010 too. Great deal.

Day 2, the bottle rocked as well, until I hit sediment (I didn’t think enough of this wine going in to decant - my mistake)!