Monopole .vs Grand Cru Differences on BDay

Hi All - methinks it would be a good thing to show the differences between offers on GC and MonoP for us vino geeks…this being my first year, I just went GC, and don’t have much context for the differences in offers…if a goal is to get more enlisted members in each, making public the offers (sometime soon while fresh in our memories) would probably enrich enrollment. Thanks in advance…

We got a dozen or so exclusive offers available today. Most sold out early.

Anything worth mentioning?

There was an auction for a once in a lifetime tasting at Screaming Eagle. Got to fly in on a helicopter.

3 Likes

Everyone went crazy over that lot

A friend of my friend won it.

Also, FWIW, an extra half hour of Auction preview time when I opened that up, and, as you can see with the Newbies, Monopole Cru members get to volunteer to be ‘tasters’ for these new wines, so posters with good activity on the forum are chosen (based also on their preferences) to taste wines (or food) for freakin’ free

One sold out in less than half an hour I think. Even I missed it, and I own the damn place.

1 Like

Went way too damn quick. Super bummed I missed it

Damnit I knew I would miss this when it finally came to fruition.

same here–and I thought I was “ready early” this morning… nope!

You should ALWAYS go for the Monopole-Exclusive offers FIRST!

That’s where I made the mistake. For some reason, I missed the MC only forum at first glance. Should have known better [head-bang.gif]

1 Like

Membership has its privileges. Use them!

You were lured in by the QUANTITY of the other offers…not the quality of the MC offers

Nah, like I dope I instinctively went to the Preview Day forum and started buying from the producers I was most interested in. Didn’t even see the MC cru only forum until about an hour in. Bush league move

Except you can’t buy from the Preview Day forum??? You mean ‘Early Purchase Offers’, I’m quite sure, RIGHT?? [pwn.gif]

Yes, Early Purchase forum.

The dumb guy asking all the stupid questions got the first order in on that offer! champagne.gif

I stayed above board. Blue name=good to go. Otherwise, hold off until tomorrow.