Andre Clouet un jour de 1911

got a few b of this in recently. No data on disgorgement or vintage (it’s NV), or any way to discern what, when, where, how. Any ideas? Label the bottle when received in case future iterations are purchased?

Any info, TN, etc tasted?

Bought a few recently and the seller had to go back to their source for the paper tech sheet included with the wines…That’s where I would start, but unfortunately no guarantee

Unfortunately not. I’ve barked up that tree myself. Some bottles I bought came with an insert detailing the cuvee number but after that, it was a dead end.

Brad Baker posted something about this here a few years ago, to the effect of “good luck”.

It’s a pretty nice wine though.

Some recent discussion starting here … https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3461958#p3461958

1 Like

Long story short you need the tech sheet which shows the cuvée #. I emailed direct to the house and got a response the next day with the contents.

Don’t pay any attention to the booklet that comes with the wine for vintage information. It is only good for understanding the vineyard sources, Cuvee number, and disgorgement. In my experience you can email Clouet and sometimes you will get a direct answer and sometimes you will get a lot of talking around the subject. Transparency seems to have gotten better over recent years, but I still don’t have 100% confidence that I am always getting a truthful statement especially if it comes directly from Jean-Francois. Your odds are better if it comes from someone on his staff. However, there is nothing else to go on so you have to take what you are given. On the bright side, the wine is good and Jean-Francois Clouet is a fun guy.

2 Likes

I just posted a TN on a really nice bottle from the latest release.

Cheers,
Warren