Garbage wines master list?

Are there any existing threads discussing typical pedestrian wines that most wine consumers love, but members of this board disdain? The kind of wines when someone tells you they love drinking wine, but mention these labels, that you instantly know they don’t know anything about wine or have poor taste? (barring the obvious like yellowtail etc…)

Meiomi
Caymus
Sutter home
Silver Oak
Josh

What wine labels make you groan?

edit: It appears I have offended a few people in this thread. While that was not my intention, I believe it’s due to my poorly chosen words while creating this thread. I’d like to blame it on the wine I was enjoying while I wrote this, but I won’t. I will try to do better next time.

7 Likes

Veuve, though I wouldn’t necessarily consider it complete garbage

3 Likes

Chateauneuf-du-Pape. [berserker.gif]

(except of course 2007 en magnum to accompany sushi)

what happened to the sh@t-stirring emoji?

1 Like

Prisoner

Is Silver Oak really considered at the same level as Caymus?

Note: I responded without thinking, but comments by others have made me look more closely at my initial response and I have chosen to delete it.

1 Like

Rombauer Chardonnay

3 Likes

Rombauer aka le jus de couguar.

3 Likes

shouldn’t this be merged with the Garbagiste master thread?

There are not wine labels that make me groan, it is posts like this. Why focus on negativity? Garbage wines is a bit harsh, I think. With just a few posts in, I would tread more lightly. Others may have differing opinions on your stance and on the wines.

32 Likes

I like Silver Oak.

What’s Josh?

All the wines with food names i.e. bread & butter, jam cellars, cherry pie, cupcake, etc.

1 Like

I’m with Merrill here. Why waste your time being negative?

3 Likes

I’m curious when you have last had it. The yellow label is not the sweet mess it once was and the 2008 and 2012 vintages are quite good.

2 Likes

I’m fine with Yellow Label Veuve. To me, almost all “bruts” taste like sugar bombs as they sit in a glass. pileon

I’m a Brut Nature guy, so y’all are arguing about Coke vs. Pepsi as far as I’m concerned. neener

2 Likes

Where’s the sport in hating cheap junk? Find some expensive junk to hate.

8 Likes

I can’t tell you how many clients I have made happy with a bottle or 2 of Silver Oak Alexander. I don’t mind it at all-signature character and it pleases the right people.

1 Like

So a thread about chaptalization in Burgundy perhaps? :wink:

2 Likes

I’d be more interested in a thread about producers to avoid that you actually think should be good. Like Louis Latour GC reds.

1 Like

Just remember the old saying, one person’s garbage wine is another person’s treasured burgundy.

4 Likes

I don’t view this as being negative. I’m just being honest. We all do it. Every fan of any hobby has a list of “no no’s.” And I’m just curious of what other people think.