TN: 2016 Dirty and Rowdy Mourvèdre Old Vine Evangelho Vineyard

• 2016 Dirty and Rowdy Mourvèdre Old Vine Evangelho Vineyard - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Contra Costa County (4/18/2022)
    60 minutes in the decanter, and then it’s just Evangelho. That sappy, cherry tar core is out in force. It’s an impossible balance of neutron star concentration with Aurora Borealis acidity. There is just something about Evangelho. It’s a living being, and it inhabits the wines made from its fruit. This is drinking great now, but there’s no hint of maturity, just a precocious adolescence. Enjoy tonight, or wait until you have a reservation at The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

Posted from CellarTracker

8 Likes

Sounds great but if I ever make it to Milliways, it’s pan galatic gargleblasters all the way for me. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

I’ll just have one at the bar before dinner. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Thanks for the TN, David. I first got started on this vineyard with a 2005 Jade Mountain Evangelho Vineyard (no longer made), just a wonderful wine. Got a bunch in '10 that I drank over about five years, it just kept getting better. Still have one bottle left that I’m saving for who knows when.

1 Like

I missed out on the time period of the Jade Mountain, unfortunately.

Doug Danielak now is making Pinot Noir & Chardonnay under his Pont Neuf wines. I tasted his Rhône-style Juicy Rebound red blend, but that was discontinued a few years back.

Dirty & Rowdy’s “Evangelho Vyd” reds are gorgeous!

[dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif]

That nails it!

Thank you!