TN: 2019 Massican Chardonnay Hyde Vineyards (USA, California, Napa Valley)

• 2019 Massican Chardonnay Hyde Vineyards - USA, California, Napa Valley (4/19/2022)
    I first discovered the Massican Hyde Chardonnay from a review on Meg Maker’s Terroir Review site. It was a distinctly different rendition of Hyde from my regular Ramey version. Fast forward five or six vintages, and it’s still a different style, but at the core it’s Hyde. The elevage is completely different, but it’s still Hyde. This Massican has a vibrant core of acidity (so does every edition of the Ramey), that is more citrus based, and shows a saltier undercurrent. There is some spice, but it’s a support. I keep reaching for another sip, as the wine makes me salivate. It is very difficult to avoid finishing the whole bottle on a work night.

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

We love the entire Massican line up, we had the 17 Hyde over Easter and it was really good. Always has that strong spine of acidity from start to finish supporting the fruit.

I had both the 2014 and 2015 Massican Hyde in the last several months and they were cruising along and beautiful.