TN: 2015 Evesham Wood Chardonnay Mahonia Vineyard (USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley)

• 2015 Evesham Wood Chardonnay Mahonia Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (5/1/2022)
    I like this wine very much, though I am not quite so over the moon about it as most CellarTracker users. I think the aromatics are very pretty, with crunchy tree fruit and a salt water beach accent. Little to no wood evident on the nose. The flavors pick up a touch of spice along with green apple and underripe peach, and there’s a strong minerality to the finish. I do think it’s a little weak in the mid-palate, but overall it is quite enjoyable, just not enthralling.

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

If anyone’s interested, Flickinger Wines has 8 bottles of this for sale at $29/bottle.

1 Like

Erin makes excellent, and under-rated Chardonnays.

Agree, I’ve bought Puits Sec from them the last few years, they only make a tiny bit, and am hoping the '20s will be released.

1 Like

There would have been 8 bottles less but they are not shipping until fall.

Maybe you should have drank it last summer. [snort.gif]

Me too going back to 2016. I also really like Haden Fig’s Juliette (Erin’s other winery). It is equally excellent and made in a more focused, reductive style. I don’t think either one sees any new oak.

Thanks for the completely useless commentary.

1 Like

No really thanks for your insult to the users who like it better than you did. Apparently you think you are top dog on Wine Berserkers.

No. I was explaining contrast in opinion.

The fact that you cannot understand that makes it even more clear that your 3 day opinion is all that matters…but only to you.

Dude get a life! Believe it or not we can all have different opinions on wine. Again your ignorance on the 3 day thing is appalling. Check out cellar tracker on how many people now do day 2 and 3. 3 Day Out!