TN: 2014 Blackbird Vineyards Illustration (USA, California, Napa Valley)

• 2014 Blackbird Vineyards Illustration - USA, California, Napa Valley (5/12/2022)
    I have had several bottles and this one is clearly the best. It’s firm where others have drifted. Also, the tomatoey element is a minor note here instead of a distraction. Good fruit, nice structure, beguiling texture and long fine finish. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I know absolutely nothing about these wines, but have a gifted bottle of 2011 Paramour, which is mostly Cab Franc. Guess I should just open it soon.

Aaron Pott is the winemaker so it should be fine. The CellarTracker tasting notes indicate that the wine is still in very good shape.

Of the 3 high-end Blackbird wines (Illustration (Merlot dominated), Contrarian (Cabernet dominated), Paramour (Cab Franc dominated)), I have always liked the Paramour the best, Have not had the 2011 which is obviously an outlier season relative to temperature, but have had the 2012 recently and it was in a good place.

1 Like

I’m drinking a 2016 Paramour (cab franc) right now. For my palate I’m really digging it. The cab franc brings an nice savory element to balance out the fruit.

1 Like

So I opened the 2011 Paramour, and it’s serious guilty pleasure wine that is also not totally over the top. Yum.

Sounds like an Aaron Pott wine!