JB Neufeld 2018 Ciel du Cheval

Four night examination begins tonight, with broiled prime rib cap & pineapple. Somehow a bottle of this is missing, suspect numero uno is wife.

This bottle is all mine.

FA9AD622-A92D-4353-AFBE-1B583165C46E.jpeg

2 Likes

[popcorn.gif]

Wine really screams Cabernet on night one, classy mouthfeel and finish.

1 Like

this has been my approach lately too [cheers.gif]

hope you and the family are well doc!

1 Like

So wait…you both are saying it takes you 4 days to finish a bottle of wine??? I don’t even know you guys anymore… [shock.gif]

you’re going to love this. it took me 5 nights to finish a bottle of 18 clos du marquis. the 3rd night was the best. stored in the fridge of course :wink:

That’s why they number the bottles. I get all the even numbers, my wife gets none of the odds.

1 Like

One of the great berserkerday producers. And it was all Chris’s fault!

So good :grinning:

1 Like

Glenn is trying to one up John Glas

1 Like

Funny. Thought the same thing…only kicker would be if Doc bought it on closeout and followed with best value in America thread.

Hell ya! [cheers.gif]

1 Like

No significant perceptible change on night 2. Maybe the Cabernet fruit attack a hair mellower, a bit sweeter.

2 Likes

Night 3 it’s different and better. Fruit has receded and whole wine is more balanced. You won’t think it’s old school Bordeaux but it’s delicious and much more even-handed. Tannins persist and finish delightful.

3 Likes

Assuming that you purchase and consume this producer on an annual basis, do you think 2018 is one of the better vintages from Washington? Cheers!

I would not make WA St vintage comments. There are others here with more cogent perspectives about that.

Night 4 the wine is fatigued but still quite drinkable. Finish shorter than the previous night.

Bottle is empty!

Sorry, did not mean to imply you were an expert on WA wine or WA vintages. Let me rephrase the question: Assuming that you purchase and consume this producer on an annual basis, do you think the 2018 JBN Ciel is better than previous years of JBN Ciel? Cheers!

I’m not sure this was not the inaugural vintage of this wine.

I adore their Two Blondes most.

Common man day 4? What is going on here? [wow.gif]

Two blondes are you on the right site? [snort.gif]