TN: 2017 Schloss Gobelsburg Riesling 1ÖTW Ried Heiligenstein

It was as if a fruit gun had gone off. Yellow, orange and green fruit aromas just exploded from the glass. The palate was equally effusive. It settled down a bit after an hour or so, but still displayed significant power. The nuance and detail was reserved for the finish, boding well for future complexity.

Dry, fruity and exuberant for now, I may have issues keeping my hands off the rest of my bottles.

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Sounds incredible. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Heiligenstein is a special vineyard, Gobelsburg a special winery.

Yes to both. I think Gobelsburg is officially my favorite Austrian winery.

Hear hear!

I wish I had more Gobelsburg in my cellar. Although I’m not particularly keen on Grüner Veltliner, I can’t remember an instance I wouldn’t have loved a Gobelsburg GV.

Gobelsburg Renner is my overall favorite GV, considering high quality & reasonable pricing.

I am going to have to try that. My special guilty pleasure is the Schloss Gobelburg Lamm GV

I really like Lamm, but it sometimes gets a little big for my tastes.

I like the GVs, but the Rieslings really shine, too, since this one here. I am not sure if I would call Gobelsburg my favorite Austrian producer like David did, but they are very close to the top. I’ve never had a bad Heiligenstein regardless of producer (though I haven’t had everyone’s and I may have just jinxed myself with this post)!