TN: 2008 Cayuse Syrah Armada Vineyard

• 2008 Cayuse Syrah Armada Vineyard - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Walla Walla Valley (5/22/2022)
    Decanted 1 hr. In fine form yet again, the 08 Armada is likely one of the more elegant, refined and classy of the 2001-10 Cayuse stable. I wouldn’t so much as say as its lost its fruit, it just simply has been pushed to the background as we see an alignment florals, olives (but not too much so) black pepper, and some black cherries. A tiny bit of the ‘Cayuse Funk’ can be detected, but you had to look for it – and if you weren’t familiar with this unique WW signature, you probably wouldn’t have even give it a thought. Tannins are resolved, there was never a high acid trait in all of the Cayuse portfolio, and its low here, but as always that immaterial as there is plenty of structure to keep this all together. I think this is in a really good spot, I don’t think though I would go more than 5 years if I had any more of these, which I do not. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

Love Cayuse from that time. Had an 07 En Chamberlain recently that was rich and elegant, totally in balance.

Dale love this wine. Solid every vintage.