TN: 2017 Kutch Chardonnay Trout Gulch Vineyard (USA, California, Santa Cruz Mountains)

• 2017 Kutch Chardonnay Trout Gulch Vineyard - USA, California, Santa Cruz Mountains (5/22/2022)
    Pop and pour, and it’s all lemon drop goodness. Bright acidity, vibrant minerality, the lemon pours through the palate. It’s actually not all that complex, but it’s really delicious on a hot, humid evening that needs a bit of electricity.

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

If you don’t give me a score, how am I suppose to know if I like it ?

Square root of 8700.

Oh that’s good

Love Trout Gulch. It can be fantastic!

1 Like

Yes it can. That said, I think I really prefer the Sonoma Coast. Just hits my palate the right way.

Coincidentally, I had a bottle of the 2017 Trout Gulch over the weekend…my feeling about this wine mirror yours very closely. I found it to be very lemony, and crisp and light, without much body or mouthfeel, but it was a really hot day here in NJ, so it was a good match. I drank half the bottle and put the remainder in the fridge and drank it again the next evening. I liked it better the 2nd night, it put on a bit of weight and also the lemon was not as pronounced. I think this vintage will age well and will be even better in a few years…

1 Like

I kept a glass for tonight, and found it harsh and unbalanced, especially in comparison to the 2019 Sonoma Coast I opened to follow.