What rosé are you drinking?

It’s finally warmed up (and dried up) a little in the Pacific Northwest, after a mostly no-show Spring.
Tonight, we opened a 2018 Domaine Hauvette Les Baux-de-Provence Petra, which coincidentally is from the town we honeymooned in many years ago. Beautiful wine while enjoying our beautiful view, which I’ll never tire of.
70% Cinsault, 15% Syrah 15% Grenache, small production, biodynamically farmed, imported by Kermit Lynch.
What depth, structure and length for a rosé! Had I been served this blind (and not so cold), there’s no telling where my erroneous guesses would have taken me, other than someplace deeply embarrassing. Powerful at first pour, added complexity with air. Clearly age-worthy. A great way to start off this thread (unless my search skills or lack thereof led me to miss a previous thread).

Cheers, and post the pink stuff!

Warren
Rose 2.jpg
Rose 1.jpg

Lately, 2021 Domaine Tempier Bandol Rosé on magnum. Plus 2020 Domaine Tempier Bandol Rosé and 2020 Frank Cornelissen Susucaru Rosato in regular bottles.
I also own this Petra Rosé and plan on popping one together with a Domaine Tempier Bandol Rosé, a Clos Ste. Magdeleine Cassis Rosé and a Château Simone Palette Rosé to see which one I like best…

1 Like

we’ve been working our way through some 21’s. The Triennes is a winner again in 21 and always a great value.

1 Like

Drinking Nikki’s new ones. Should receive the blend this week.

2 Likes

D9389C12-C2F3-47F4-81CE-669848973181.jpeg

2020 Clos Cibonne, Cuvée Tradition.
Excellent.

3 Likes

Precarious bottle shorts are back and then some.

Shorts or shots? Once we rebuild the deck, I’ll add a winestagram platform big enough for photgraphing magnums and glasses! Still, I’ve yet to lose a bottle or glass despite the balancing act.

Cheers,
Warren

Same as we drink every summer: Domaine de Marquiliani Corse Rosé and Le rosé de Pauline. Pauline is my favorite. Like drinking a cloud.

This isn’t the what rose would you spill on your shorts thread?

I love that one too!

Popped a Vacheron rose this evening. Really solid stuff and an almost Chablis like profile. More textured mouthfeel with some minerality and a lot of saline / sea spray notes to complement the fruit. Definitely a new favorite and one we’ll drink again.

2 cases of 2021 Domaine de Mourchon Côtes du Rhône Villages Séguret Rosé Loubié and a case of 2021 Dehlinger pinot noir rose.

2020 Domaine les Aphillanthes Côtes du Rhône Rosé
My daughter who eschews red wines liked this one. Maybe with some effort I’ll finally get her over to the dark side.

0DE151FE-75E4-4B3B-9F2B-7768FBFCB20C.jpeg
Two Wolves, wine from the singer Pink. Very enjoyable

Michael
I look forward to your TN. I haven’t seen any feedback on these yet.
Cheers,
Warren