"La Bourgogne s'envole" - OP on Armand Heitz's website

Hi folks,

Despite this opinion piece being in French, I thought this would still be of interest given the many threads or posts lately on Burgundy prices going through the roof.
Sorry for the lack of courage (time) to translate it, online translators will hopefully get this alright. If not, let me know what parts are not clear and I’ll try and help.

Here’s the link:

Not sure where to start or what puts me off the most…
Is it the black and white point of view, with evil corporations on one side and honest, hardworking, praise deserving vignerons on the other?
Is it the irony of blasting Netflix and tech companies while doing it via a website that would not exist without these very tech companies? Or that they have Facebook, twitter, pinterest and instagram pages, and accept Apple Pay?

Or maybe it’s that part towards the end:
“Let’s have a look at our savings indeed. Bank products, real estate, stock exchange… what do you do? My father in law used to visit Burgundy cellars during the '70s and '80s. […]
Along the years, he didn’t get to drink them [his bottles] all and saved some. For an order of 3 000 Francs [1€ = 6.56 Francs] for 36 bottles, he got 10 thousand euros thirty years later, about 65k Francs. Twenty times his initial stake. Few banks can give you this kind of return!”

At 600 EUR ex-cellar for the Chevalier-Montrachet, I’m priced out anyway, but that’s one producer I certainly won’t buy anything from.

Overreacting much? What do you think?

Alain

I have met Armand Heitz visiting his estate in 2018 and he was a very gracious and generous host. He is doing an outstanding job running his family’s estate (I think he is about 34). He makes a number of wines that are relatively reasonably priced and I very much enjoy his wines. Local wines | Armand Heitz [No, I do not buy Chevalier-Montrachet because of the price.]

I would be really pleased if people like you do not buy any of the wines so that demand for them goes down and I could actually find the wines and get to buy them at lower prices.