TN: 2019 Thiriet Bourgogne Les Blanches (France, Burgundy, Bourgogne)

• 2019 Thiriet Bourgogne Les Blanches - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne (5/25/2022)
    An incredible wine by a very talented winemaker. These are hard to source. Off a list in Meursault. The wine is incredibly aromatic. It reminds me in many ways of Charles Lachaux’s wines.
    Aromas of red/black fruit and some element of integrated spice. Very “pinot” at this point. The palate shows perfectly ripe fruit . The palate presence is full and coats your entire mouth. Extremely sexy texture. (This is where it really resembles Charles Lachaux’s wines) Excellent acidity. It finishes like a 1er cru wine.
    Shocked that this is a Bourgogne rouge. Lots more good things to come I would think from this Maison. Bravo!

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Kind of wish I hadn’t just gone to winesearcher on this one [wink.gif]
$160 Bourgogne Rouge!

Hope you are having a great trip, Don!

1 Like

Great note. I had my first wine from her (2016 Côte du Nuits Villages) at Maison du Colombier when I was in Beaune in 2018. I had read about her wines on Facebook and decided to try the wine when I saw it on the list at the restaurant. Visit to Burgundy and Champagne - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers I agree with you that her wines are outstanding but hard to source. I bought a few bottles at Crush in NYC a few years ago after tasting more of her wines at a Paulee Grand Tasting, but have not seen any since.

1 Like

That list at Maison du Columbier is pretty nice!

1 Like

Great to see you enjoying your time there, Don, and thanks for this note on a producer I’ve not heard of. Sounds marvelicious.

Best,

Mike

1 Like

Merci…Don.

I am like Mike in that thanks for the note on a producer I have not heard of. Please excuse - as we are From the North rolleyes

1 Like

Absolutely. List does not do it justice - it literally is a book.

I really enjoyed the food there as well. Lighter in style, but still lots of flavor. Had a wonderful peach and mozzarella salad and then terrific poached eggs covered with slices of truffles.

1 Like

Mike,

Remind me the next time Mike on Tour comes to these parts that the Burgundy theme should be to show Mike Burgundy producers he likely has not had before. I forgot that I had promised you a few years ago to open a wine for you from Pierre Amiot. I think it will be fun.

can someone clarify if this is the actual going price for this wine, or if this is just a only-bottles-left price?

In Europe, it seems 80 euros is not an outlier for this particular cuvée (there are others that are less pricey but they are never cheap).

I’ll try to remember, Howard! (probably 2025)…I’ve had Guy Amiot a few times, but not Pierre, I don’t think.

1 Like

had the 2018 over 2 days and is really impressive.
Thanks for the “motivation”…