Favorite Rose…Summer, 2022 Edition

Hotter weather, crisper wines…
Let’s list recent, favorite roses…still or carbonated, domestic or imported…

Dehlinger Rose of Pinot noir annual case purchase

Upsidedown Rose. I believe it’s still the only 100% Nebbiolo in WA State and the proceeds go towards a great cause each year. Based out of Red Mtn.

1 Like

The only Gran Reserva Rose in the world has really no competition champagne.gif

1 Like

Big fan of Pomponette from Chateau Sulauze every year!

2018 Keller Spaburgunder Rose trocken has been my favorite so far

José Luis Ripa Sáenz de Navarrete Awesome wine.

Kokomo Grenache Rose! Always a case purchase, but never enough

1 Like

Bedrock, Quivira, Tercero, and Elyse all flowing freely so far for me this summer

1 Like

Yeah!
Summer Salters

Also got a delivery today of stars and dust 2021 Crowded Table rose offering. Psyched to try that one

I usually don’t like rose, but the I really enjoy the 2021 Dragonette Rose.

Bedrock, Arnot-Roberts, L’Aventure, Enfield Foot Tread, Ceritas Rose of Pinot Noir, and Tablas Creek Dianthus and Patelin de Rose…

2 Likes

That’s such a great variety for rose. I’ve had excellent commercial ones, like Ser, who did both still and sparkling versions one year. Bryan Harrington did a tiny (10 gal.) experimental batch from some underripe fruit we sorted out one year that was one of the best roses I’ve ever had.

Second Bedrock. Lulu is really hitting the spot this year. I more or less only drink roses in the low $20s and below range at this point.

Local Shop had a rose tasting last Sunday with dozens of wines. Didn’t try everything, but my favorites were:

Clos Cibonne Cuvée Tradition
Getariako Txakolina - Ameztoi Rubentis
Grape Abduction Rose
Lafage Miraflors

[winner.gif]

2021 Docetanidos Rosado “Cigales” - Bodegas Lezcano-Lacalle

A long time favorite -

Kelley Fox’s 2021 Nerthus (50% skin-contact Pinot gris, 30% skin-contact old vine Early Muscat, and 20% old vine White Riesling) is certainly worth a look for an unexpected twist to rosé.

Bedrock’s 2021 Lulu (50% old vine Mourvedre, 20% Grenache and, for the first time, 30% old vine Carignan) is on another level though.

Haven’t had a Nebbiolo one yet but would love to.

Inman family, OGV estate. tastes like summer.