Source of Lehmann glasses in the US?

Hello all - does anyone know a source of Lehmann glasses in the US? I’m looking for a few of the “Clement” glasses in particular after having sauternes served in these glasses in a NYC restaurant (at least, I think they were the Clement glasses based on the volume). They seem to be a very nice glass for sweet wines.

2 Likes

Flatiron SF is offering it for sale on their website. Not sure if they actually have it in stock.

1 Like

The discussion in the other thread prompted me to order some Lehmann Jamesse Prestige Grand Champagne 45 (mouthblown) from Alambika in Montreal for delivery to my US address. Lehmann Glass - Jamesse Prestige Grand Champagne 450ml - Alambika

1 Like

I have purchased Lehmann from Kiyasa in years past. Their stock is depleted, so your mileage may vary checking in a month or so: Stemware & Glassware - Lehmann Glass - Shop Brand

Thank you for this post, very timely.

Mark, I grabbed a set of them from the same store, having them shipped to me here in southern Cal. Thanks for that link. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

And thank you both for helping a nice little cocktail and wine glassware shop in Outremont, Montreal! It’s a nice shop with good people. Cheers!

2 Likes

That’s good to know, Phil. Thanks.

Frank, my order placed yesterday has shipped and is due in WLA on Tuesday.

Frank - Did you buy one of the Champagne sabers too? champagne.gif

Thanks Mark, I am in for 2 also.

I did not, but I got the shipping notice this afternoon that my glasses are leaving Montreal on their trip west. Looks like arrive next Tuesday.

Thanks to Mark I was able to get 2 of the Lehmann stems from Alambika. I ordered them on Tuesday, they were delivered yesterday afternoon. 2 stems wrapped in tissue paper and bubble wrap placed in a cardboard box sized for a 6 bottle styro shipper and filled with packing peanuts. These look and feel exactly like the ones we used at Les Crayeres (the glass on the left in the picture). I compared this glass against both my mechanically blown (supposedly Lehmann) glasses that I got from a company in Germany via Amazon and my Gabriel Glas StandArt. The Cristal tasted a little better in the mouth blown Lehmann vs the mechanical with a little more depth and creaminess. However, it was considerably better in the Lehmann than in the Gabriel Glas which I think was due to the tulip shape concentrating the aromas and bubbles causing an even bigger difference in the depth and creaminess as compared to the mechanically blown version. Considering these glasses cost about $80 each and they are probably as fragile as most super-light stems, I think I will be limiting their use for special bottles and going back to my heavier tulip stems for daily drinkers.
IMG_0934.jpeg

2 Likes

Thanks for the nudge everyone. Always wanted to try Lallement N.3 or N.4 (went with the N.4 which are slightly larger than my Zaltos, a more pronounced bowl but not as much as Jamesse), and these are priced very fairly at Alambika with very reasonable shipping. Especially with respect to what other handmade glasses cost now. Fingers crossed they arrive intact.

JLL, trade me my Lehmann for one of your StandArt. Straight up I’ll take it . I don’t even use that Lehmann anymore. I wonder if I am the only dissenting voice on those things but forget it, too fragile and not worth the hassle.
Anyway, if you like the trade, let’s do it.

Frank - I think the Lehmann is best suited for older or lighter style Champagnes. The '05 Cristal I drank from it is one of the weaker vintages IMO so may not have been a good bottle to test the Gabriel, which I still love for white wines. I have gone in the opposite direction for younger Champagnes and am using my Glasvin Prestige for those. It really helps them to open up and when we switch to red, I can use the same glass after a quick rinse with water.

Well, I think it suited best for your glass cabinet, not mine! If you want it, just trade me. All that thing is doing (after I broke its sibling several months ago), is sitting in there grabbing fine dust particles.

They are fragile. I don’t think it would make it here in one piece.

1 Like

The man brings the truth…

Anyone else in So Cal or nearby that wants to do the trade, hit me back. I have a Mineral stem too. That one can go into the trade market also.

My favorite champagne glass, and Jean-Baptiste Lecaillon’s too.
Y’all owe me for this one.
K&L has these in stock for $39!!! Six packs only.

https://m.klwines.com/p/i?i=1161847&searchId=789e680a-ca17-414b-b57d-e89f9f43a6ff&searchServiceName=klwines-prod-productsearch&searchRank=0

Cheers
Warren

2 Likes

One of my favorite “overall/general” champagne glasses! Works so well for anything. Highly recommend.

1 Like

I concur; we drink our Riesling and Muscadet from these as well.

3 Likes