Taste of Sonoma This Weekend

Anyone planning to attend the “Taste of Sonoma” this weekend (at KJ grounds) in Santa Rosa? If so, please post any revelations…I’ll be managing Reserve Tasting Area, stop by and say “Hi” (and I’m glad to introduce you to the various winemakers pouring…). Best news is moderate weather (low-80’s), far better than recent years of purgatory heat.

Joel

FYI to all - this event was spectacular today…the weather was (finally) perfect, the setting at KJ worked great logistically…and wineries brought a lot of fab wine - I mean surprising fab wine. Some examples (of the few I was able to get to, as I was working the event): Pride Reserve Claret '17 and '07 (while the '07 was showing great (92-93pts), the fruit on the youngish '17 was awesome and full of promise (I’d go 95pts); Ramey was pouring a whole swath, but the '14 Rogers Creek Syrah was special (easy 94pts, still room to improve); Donum '18 Chloe Chard (so balanced and fine, 93-94); Bob Cabral’s Chard and PN, Calluna, Benovia, Guarachi, Hartford, Anakota, KnightsBridge, Ram’s Gate, Soujourn, a bunch of impressive “newcomers”…the list goes on and on. It wasn’t too crowded, everyone seemed to having a grand time. Put it on your calendars for 2023!

1 Like

Benovia does make beautiful wines! But then again I’m biased.

Super cool that Pride and Ramey brought out some library-ish wines to share. It’s such a fun event.